DIABETES thread.. do you suffer with it??

Hello Everyone,

The diabetes support group for Sheffield does appear to be popular but it is something that will take time. In reference to Jen's post, I'm not sure if you actually mean 'mindful diabetes' or not so apologies if not, but if you do - we must get in touch.

However in the mean time, I work over in Sheffield on Wednesdays so if anyone would like to make an appointment to see me personally for a chat, help with things, coping strategies etc, and then anyone is more than welcome as I am always happy to help.[/b

]Please don't suffer in silence as the chances are, we all go through pretty similar things. Diabetes is a complicated condition or at least it can be. The psychological side of it is often underestimated and sometimes we don't even realise this so much ourselves but until you feel mentally ready to cope with the daily trials and tribulations of it, keeping the physical side of it in tact along with energy levels etc, it becomes near on impossible.

Personally and professionally I have experienced much of diabetes and in all its different forms so please use me if you think I could help and offer the support you're looking for. I certainly won't judge you in terms of your control, habits, mental health etc - I’m pretty unshockable really and I’m simply here to help BUT NOT TO PREECH EITHER! with diabetes no matter how long you have had it or had the professional experience of it, we are all always learning - hence the lovely complicated nature of the beast !

Anyway, I'm pretty relaxed and I am told, easy to talk to. It might not be of any interest to you but I am here Wednesdays if it is.

Anyone is welcome so please get in touch. You can contact me at [email protected]

I look forward to helping anyone interested

Take care and have a nice weekend

Em:)

Hello Everyone,

The diabetes support group for Sheffield does appear to be popular but it is something that will take time. In reference to Jen's post, I'm not sure if you actually mean 'mindful diabetes' or not so apologies if not, but if you do - we must get in touch.

However in the mean time, I work over in Sheffield on Wednesdays so if anyone would like to make an appointment to see me personally for a chat, help with things, coping strategies etc, and then anyone is more than welcome as I am always happy to help.[/b

]Please don't suffer in silence as the chances are, we all go through pretty similar things. Diabetes is a complicated condition or at least it can be. The psychological side of it is often underestimated and sometimes we don't even realise this so much ourselves but until you feel mentally ready to cope with the daily trials and tribulations of it, keeping the physical side of it in tact along with energy levels etc, it becomes near on impossible.

Personally and professionally I have experienced much of diabetes and in all its different forms so please use me if you think I could help and offer the support you're looking for. I certainly won't judge you in terms of your control, habits, mental health etc - I’m pretty unshockable really and I’m simply here to help BUT NOT TO PREECH EITHER! with diabetes no matter how long you have had it or had the professional experience of it, we are all always learning - hence the lovely complicated nature of the beast !

Anyway, I'm pretty relaxed and I am told, easy to talk to. It might not be of any interest to you but I am here Wednesdays if it is.

Anyone is welcome so please get in touch. You can contact me at [email protected]

I look forward to helping anyone interested

Take care and have a nice weekend

Em:)

Just to say that I have been to see Em twice now (no we are not related and I am honestly seeing her for therapy) and she is warm, kind, genuine, sincere, non judgemental, honest, thoughtful and very easy to speak with about anything you want to discuss. Truly not shockable. She is very professional and also creative in her methods of help. She has always put herself out for me and gone to great efforts and has the flexibilty to change approaches if needed. I would have no hesitation in recommending her to anyone who needs help with diabetes or any other issues.

Hello

I was diagnosed with Diabetes 2 a few months ago. I am on Metformin 3 times a day. My diet is not an issue, I eat most everything I like, but have cut down proportions and eat more frequent small meals thru the day.

I am having alot of problems with my lower legs and feet going numb! I have fibromyalgia and have chronic pain and limited mobility. My mobility is worse when feet go numb. Does this happen to anyone else, and is there a way to prevent it? Thanking you in advance