Aston Hall gone into administration!!help

I had my wedding at Aston Hall 2 weeks - we wre informed that it had gone into administration as soon as it happened - we did a bit of research into it, and spoke to the administrators and assured all would be ok - and it was!

Had a fab day and couldn't have asked for more. The hotel has been taken over by a management company.

As for them being restrictive over where you could have photos - there were no rewtrictions for us, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. We got married at the church, so couldn't really comment on civil cermony side

• 3 months later...

We're due to be married in Aston Hall in June 2012, unfortunately, we'd already paid the deposit BEFORE they went under, so our deposit MAY be lost, thing is though, it's in the administrator's interests to have as many weddings in the diary as possible, it makes the business more profitable to sell. There's another few grand to add on if our wedding goes ahead, just have to hope that the company that eventually buys the business (if it is in fact sold) appreciate that.

I have been a Hotel General Manager in a number of hotels run by receivers and administrators and does not affect the way a hotel operates on a day to day basis as far as the guest is concerned.Some of the hotels are High St brands and does not mean that the hotels are not profitable just that the owners have possibly borrowed too much to pay the banks back. The hotel will be run as an on going concern and in receivership it is the administrators duty to ensure the business is in a healthy way for prospective new owners to purchase. I have never known a wedding, function or accomodation be cancelled because of a hotel being in administration but I am pretty sure legally the administrator is not obliged to return your deposit should you cancel but would honour your deposit to retain your business. I think it would be very unlikely that an insurance company will cover now for wedding insurance. For peace of mind ask the management team to arrange a meeting with the administrators representitive at the hotel.