Cant reach my Landlord! Help!

My solicitors have been waiting nearly 3 weeks to reach my landlord, somethingn isnt right, we have all been leaving msgs for her. She hasnt replied to any. She has a huge estate of rented properties accross sheffield and you woulld think she would put someone in charge if she went away or was unwell.

One of her flats has been empty nextdoor to us for 6 weeks, not like the landlord to leave it that long, normally she is in there and has it let in no time no matter what state.

Im worried about it sitting empy and someone noticing but also Im selling and we need her to respond to our letters as its holding up the chain and ppl are getting fidgetty....it may mean court action next which will mean the sale will take longer and someone is likely to pull out.

What can I do short of going round and knocking on her door???

Don't quite understand.

You have a landlord but you are selling and she is holding up the chain!

Also she rents the flat next door to you.

Do you mean she owns the freehold on your flat?

Just found out from her solicitors that she is away and has left things with a chartered surveyor! Gonna plague his life out now. Its not good to stress a heavily pregnant woman out believe me!!!