Help me please! Computer virus

canz

Im not good with computers so please try and be patient with me. Ok iv recently within the hour just got these 2 symbols come up on my tool bar at the bottom where time is one is a small blue sheild type and the other a red with a white cross through and when i hover mouse above it says 5964909 , when i hover mouse over them both. and it keep poppin up with window saying somethin about viruses detected and that if i click on this button to solve it , it will fix all the problems so i did but then its sayin 1 years protection and then a price so baisically wanting money. So i gather this is some sort of scam but what i want to know is , is this a real thing and do i have 40 infections like it says or is it somethin that got on my computer and just trying to scam me? how can i fix it? please help me i have msn and a webcam to show the problem if it helps

This is a similar one to the one posted by anywebsite - The exact removal instructions differ from one to another dependant on which one you have (there are a few)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-fake-microsoft-security-essentials-alert

make sure you scroll down to where it says:

Automated Removal Instructions for *insert name here* using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

This is a similar one to the one posted by anywebsite - The exact removal instructions differ from one to another dependant on which one you have (there are a few)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-fake-microsoft-security-essentials-alert

make sure you scroll down to where it says:

Automated Removal Instructions for *insert name here* using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

the part where it says download the ''rkill' well it wont let me and it says that rkill is infected or somethin. I guess im gunna have to take it to a computer shop and folk out money to get it fixd :/ great!

the part where it says download the ''rkill' well it wont let me and it says that rkill is infected or somethin. I guess im gunna have to take it to a computer shop and folk out money to get it fixd :/ great!

Follow the link that I posted, there are 8 steps to do before downloading rkill, so that it'll let you remove it.

As I said, it's a tricky one & each new version gets a bit trickier.

If there's nothing on the computer that you want to keep, it might be best/easiest to do a factory restore. It'll wipe everything off & put your computer back to exactly how it was when it was new.

This happened to me just last week and I was in the same position as you, it wouldn't let me download rkill.

What you could try is to restart your computer and boot it into safe mode (press F8 as your computer is starting up) then do a system restore. Windows (on my computer at least) seems to automatically make some sort of record of all the settings every time it does one of it's extremely frequent updates so you should be able to restore the settings back to how they were a few days ago. It's not the same as the factory restore mentioned above and when I did it, it didn't even delete any of my files, everything was fine.

Even so, if this works for you too, after doing it I'd still recommend downloading Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and running a scan just in case.

It was even worse on mine, it wouldn't let me run any programs at all, and then the bar with the start menu disappeared, all that was on my computer was my desktop and about a thousand messages trying to get my credit card details, totally lame.

Edited by flamingjimmy