Beginners running group

I'm looking for something like this and just seen this thread. Is there a session next Thursday 9th Sept?

Is this just for ten weeks, as missed the first few.

yes the group will meet every thursay at 6.30 you will not miss us there is around 15 people all around a red ford focus come and say hi

i love to run but keep getting shin splint can anyone tell me what im doing wrong,,cheers

Have you got some good running trainers? How long do u run for? Do you have a break between runs and do you increase mileage steadily rather than all at once?

i find that if i run on the pavement, try a softer ground like in wood or rivelin etc.. also invest in some good running trainers

Hi Maxxy the session lasts for an hour and there is breaks for recovery mileage varys depending on what we are doing that week but is always increased at a rate you can cope with as for trainers it is realy a matter of prefferance but i can point you in the right direction

hiya

ive been running for the last 4 months after stopping smoking and have made great progress on the running / jogging scene ,what i was wondering is how far do these runs go for as im doing 5 / 6 miles now ,or would i be betta looking at a running club .

thanks john

Hi Jonny

well done on the progress , The group only run in the park at the momment just so we can keep people of a mixed abillity together if you are doing 5/6 miles i would say you would be better looking at a running club http://www.xoolon.com/sheffield-running-club these guys do a run on tuesday nights why not give them a go

just to let anyone that wasnt there last week know on thursday I might be a little late as i am in leeds for the day on a course but I will do my best to be there on time

Is it still on this week? I couldn't make it last week but quite fancy coming this week to see if I can manage to keep up!! :roll:

What do I need to bring? Just water?