Golf: Where to start?

Hi all,

A few of my friends have been encouraging me to try some golf. I only know the basic rules of golf but have never actually physically played it. Where would I start to get a feel for the game before actually attempting a course.

If I enjoy it I plan to take up some lessons, but I think what I am after is something like a taster of golf. Thought about a driving range, but that is only one aspect isn't it?

Cheers in advance!

Drew

Definitely try a range first. It is only one aspect of it, but it's still a good start. Obviously, you don't get any of the enjoyment of walking round a nice course, but then, such a walk really isn't that much fun when it's broken up by 100+ increasingly frustrated swings at a golf ball.

Hi all,

A few of my friends have been encouraging me to try some golf. I only know the basic rules of golf but have never actually physically played it. Where would I start to get a feel for the game before actually attempting a course.

If I enjoy it I plan to take up some lessons, but I think what I am after is something like a taster of golf. Thought about a driving range, but that is only one aspect isn't it?

Cheers in advance!

Drew

You can always get a lesson first, they aren't expensive. If you go on the driving range without having a clue, golf can seem a very difficult sport to grasp. See my signature for a site that I've recently launched and has a few professionals in the Sheffield area on it.

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

A few of my friends have been encouraging me to try some golf. I only know the basic rules of golf but have never actually physically played it. Where would i start?

Cheers in advance!

Drew

try the 1st tee;)