That circus makeover thing- have you seen Anneka Rice?

sheffcruiser- come back and see us! There will be volunteer 'challenge' days wehn we will be calling on people to roll up, roll there sleeves up and get stuck in.

One thing we will need, is a storage container (likethose big shipping ones) so we can empty the centre.

Also, our seating we use for shows is terrible old plastic bucket chairs, new seating would be good!

Pippa_C- i've send you a message. Thanks for offering to help!

Any more suggestions?

Thanks!

Sorry I've not seen Anneka about bit I'll keep my eye out for her. I imagine she''ll love to get involved again, for such a worthy cause.

Does she still wear those jumpsuits?

Kristy Swift, of Swift Realisation, is sponsoring Greentop as a prize from an online public vote which we won, she is helping promote and project manage the revamp, and as she is basically in the Anneka Rice role, she will be at some point posing for the press wearing an Anneka style jumpsuit.

Anyone out there who can help refurbish our sprung wooden flooring? Or joiners who can re-build the stage so its a couple of foot higher?

Just noticed the Sheffield Telegraph has written a very nice article about our challenge- see this link.

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/New-challenge-for-community-circus.6341881.jp

Anyone got any ideas for companies who could help us out? Which companies have a good track record of helping with good causes?

Hey, I wish I could be more helpful but I have only lived in Sheffield about 6 months I haven't met any tradespeople so I don't know anyone's track record or anything. Sheffield seems like a great city where people like to help one another and feel a part of something. I am sure there are people out there who would want to help out! I will keep my ear to the ground.

Hi kombuchild- you are right about sheffield, and so far we have about 5 companies willing to help.

Does anyone have any links with Kier or any other likely kind souls?

Great news! someone has offered to donate some building materials, any other offers out there?

It's a struggle competing for attention on here with the exciting threads about prostitution, immigration, and incidents at Primark, but we could use some help!

Wow! This is so great to see such a vibrant thread in regards to this exciting project coming up. We at Greentop are thrilled to be celebrating 15years and are hoping that this project will let all of the U.K. know who we are and what we are all about. Right now we have tons of activities going on, please visit http://www.greentop.org to see what we do and spread the good word. We are dedicated to building communities through the power of circus arts and a makeover to fix up our centre is just what we need to continue to thrive in our mission.

I think she is in Sheffield trying to finnish of the decent homes project :hihi:

Any donations ? :D

I have lots of friends in the building industry, I'll ask them if they can help, what should they do if they have time or spare materials just ring Greentop?

I also know some friends who have worked in advertising could they help with publicising it? They are pretty busy at the moment but I can ask.

My husband has agreed to donate a bunch of plasterboard to this project. When and how do we get it to you? Should we just drop it off at your centre? Lets get this community motivated! Who else is in?

Hi 'Arrow removals' would be happy to donate some transport, large 7.5ton lorry and driver if you need any items transported!

A good and worthy cause!!