Well depressing - Gemma's back.

I'm sure anybody who's lived in Sheffield for more than about 3 years remembers the fact that for years a night out wasn't complete without being approached by Gemma saying 'Hex queues me, I've lost all my money/been robbed and I need to get home to Hull/Newcastle/Sunderland/Birmingham/my dealers house and I'm stranded because I'm 50p short of my fair can you help me please'?

Obv the same unfortunate situation happened to her every night in Sheffield for four years and nobody ever gave her the 50p which is why she was STILL out every night looking for years looking for it.

Gemma got an ASBO a few years back banning her from entering Sheffield city centre and started hanging round Waitrose and Eccy Road again but then disappeared.

Now old optimist that I am when she disappeared I thought 'Great, she's obviously off the drugs and doing well, hopefully she's sorted her life out and she's a long way from Sheffield where no-one knows her and she's doing okay.'

Sadly not. She was outside Tesco on West Street with her hair dyed brown and a baseball cap up to her old tricks again. She approached us with the old 'Excuse meeee' line. We didn't respond so she chased us into Tesco's screaming 'Hello are you dead, why are you ignoring me'? Sadly seems nothing's changed but her gammy leg has healed and she's not on crutches any more.

DO NOT give this woman any money. If you want to help give money to the Archer Project near Sheffield Cathedral which helps the homeless and does a lot of good for those poor souls unfortunate enough to have to sleep rough and beg in Sheffield.

So depressing, I thought she'd sorted herself out and I still hope she will one day but sadly it ain't happened yet.

Has anyone seen her recently. The reason I am asking is as someone has posted on Facebook. That a girl called Gemma (30 years old) who had alcohol and drug problems has died. It could be the same one or it could be someone else but the description seems similar.