Nov/dec 1967 UK Hendrix/Move/Pink Floyd Tour - search for eyewitnesses

Hello,

I'm researching the Package Tour of November/December 1967 which came to the Sheffield City Hall on 17 November 1967. Bands were the Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Move, Pink Floyd, The Nice, Outer Limit, Amen Corner and Eire Apparent.

Specifically i'm looking for people who were there back then, i'm hoping to find some (more) photos from this night.

I've made a blog about the Tour with a page about each Venue. Its being constantly updated with new info as we find it. If you or anyone you know might have attended either of the 2 shows that night, please drop us a note , Thanks!

Here is the Blog: novdec1967.blogspot.com

went to this after seeing him at the mojo

sneaked in through back door without paying !! (At the City Hall that is) Wasnt too bothered about seeing the other bands....good job, got caught and was thrown out. I was with Richard Walsh and Boggy Marsh at the time and a few others. Was at Richards funeral a while back. R.I.P

Thanks for your reply Tony, can you remember if there were people taking photos at all? Flashbulbs going off?

And can you remember if you attended the 1st or 2nd show of the day?

I do realise i'm asking questions about 43 years ago, and that its impossible to remember everything. One persons memory might trigger the next person's memories, thats why i'm asking all these crazy questions:)

Thanks again,

And if you were there, please drop us a note at [email protected]

Edited by novdec1967
typo in contact email

Hi

Don't remember flashes etc would have been about 8 to 8-30 pm

A friend of mine had seen Hendrix at the Round House and said he was playing at the Mojo as his second UK gig ( I think it was his second??) We were blown away after being used to surf sounds, Tamla etc that's why we decided to see him at the City Hall. Was never too keen on the other bands (Amen Corner I had seen at the Mojo and were OK I guess) and seen Andy Fairweatherlow with Clapton a few times....not aged well...but then who has!!

Sorry couldnt be more helpful

Cheers

I was at King Teds at the time and can remember the Prefects who organised the school dance tried to book Jimi Hendrix to play for the night. A myth or what but I seem to recall he wanted £80 for 20 minutes. I think they turned him down! Who cares if it's a mile from the truth-it was a great story then.