Mugging Wostenholm Road ?

I was driving along Wostenholm road this afternoon towards the junction with Machon Bank Road. As I approached the mini roundabout 2 young men walked across the road in front of my vehicle. One appeared to gently push the other one as they crossed.

One of the young men carried on walking across the road and the other walked in front of my car, flagged me down and then walked to my side of the car. He said " Can I get in your car as that other guy has tried to mug me? "

He then looked in my car , saw my wife was with me, together with 2 toddlers in the back in their child seats.

He then apologised for asking as I had young children in the back.

As the other youth had carried on walking I didn't let him in the car.

Who thinks it was a real mugging and what would you have done?

I'd be very concerned, indeed.

Wostenholm Road doesn't have a junction with Machon Bank Rd.

What would you be concerned about; the incident or the fact that Wostenholm Road becomes Montgomery Road before the juction with Machon Bank Road , a fact which I had overlooked .

I was driving along Wostenholm road this afternoon towards the junction with Machon Bank Road. As I approached the mini roundabout 2 young men walked across the road in front of my vehicle. One appeared to gently push the other one as they crossed.

One of the young men carried on walking across the road and the other walked in front of my car, flagged me down and then walked to my side of the car. He said " Can I get in your car as that other guy has tried to mug me? "

He then looked in my car , saw my wife was with me, together with 2 toddlers in the back in their child seats.

He then apologised for asking as I had young children in the back.

As the other youth had carried on walking I didn't let him in the car.

Who thinks it was a real mugging and what would you have done?

I wasn't there so I can't have an opinion on whether it was a real mugging or not, but what I would probably have done would have been to tell him to wait where he was and I would ring the police, and wait with him until they came, but without letting him in the car.