Flashmob-fancy joining in??

Crucible

To help celebrate and promote ‘An Enemy of the People’ Sheffield Theatres plan on staging a flashmob event tomorrow! We'd like a many people as possible to get involved with us and if you fancy doing something a bit different tomorrow lunchtime then email l.milroy@sheffieldtheatres.co.uk

The event will only last for around 5 mins from 1pm outside the Town Hall:

• Meet at the Lyceum rehearsal room (let me know if you don’t know where I mean!) at 12.30

• A quick run through of how the event’s going to work (I’ve included details below)

• Disperse with your placards in groups of 3 at different intervals

• When you get to the Town Hall stand outside and chant ‘An Enemy of the People’

• Disperse after you’ve been there for 10 mins and make your way back to the Lyceum stage door to grab your things and leave your placards!

In a nutshell – that’s it! I’ll be putting out a call to the press and will also be filming it for ourselves but we want to do something different and original to make people aware of the show.

You chant the slogan or generally draw attention to yourselves; if asked what you are doing by a member of the public hand them a business card with ‘Have your say http://www.theRehearsalRoom.co.uk’; on it. After a short time, one person (tbc on the day) emerges out of the crowd holding a white placard that reads, ’The strongest man is the man that stands alone’. The crowd disperses until the single figure is left alone. Finally, he wanders off.

If you can let me know whether you’re definitely able to attend and if you can bring along anyone else then that would be great!

Laura