Just because I'm young that doesn't make me a thief.

I am sick of going in shops and being followed around just because im young.

Im 34 and went in shop few weeks ago looking at aftershaves...was wearing Nike ACG jacket and a Baseball cap because it was snowing/raining outside....Within litrally 5 secs of walking to the display, i had 2 members of staff stood next to me asking if i wanted any help.

One of the best urban sports in the world is store detective baiting. Best done in groups of two to three people on a slack Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon, while the shop is populated but not rammed. One of you needs to be nominated as the soontobetakendown and one other is the assist. The assist simply walks in with an intended purchase, casually shops around browsing at other potential purchases of a similar ilk, just like a regular shopper. Then into the shop walks the soontobetakendown and immediatley eyes up all the camera's in eye shot and makes a bee line to the least populated part of the store. Now this is where it gets clever.

* Browse in a semi-uninterested fashion, like your basically trying to blend in but it's just not working, making sure to check that those security cameras haven't been taken down while your back was turned. Also glances for uniformed staff will ensure your identified as a potential and you'll be screaming on their security radar like a scolded cat.

The assist will then appear, ask you how your doing, state you've not spoken in a while, inform you their busy right now, but will call you to arrange going out at some point. You reply in a "yeah, whatever" kinda fashion and the assist pats you on the lower back as you part.

Finally, the CD you've been holding, you lunge and carefully place the disc on the lowest shelf as you bend to pick up your bags and then proceed to leave, not having stolen anything. By this time, you can probably hear the store detective's salivating yards from you as you head to the door and they can have their moment. The alarms sound, your jumped upon, taken to the back room where a search of your bags and immediate clobber proves fruitless. Frustrated and confused, the store detective will insist the goods are in your pants and threaten to call the police, its at this point, you should protest your innocence and if they've not already noticed, point out the magnetic tag that's been stuck to the bottom of your coat (which the assist took off a DVD earlier and stuck it to you before leaving the store).

* = If your not comfortable with acting like a tea-leaf, you can simply not shave or wash your hair for 5 days and wear an old knackered coat and you'll find the resulting suspicion is nearly equal.

The bonus ball here is any injuries sustained at the hands of the stores chunky failed copper, can be turned profitable by any number of no win - no fee type arrangements.

Edited by munky

yep baiting store dicks is great fun I find the quickly walking off but being 'too slow' and then getting seen putting something in a pocket is great fun esp if you are in a multilevel dept store and you then wander round with pace using lifts stairs etc only to go abnd pay or put it back,, ah the days

i used to get followed all the time. but now that i have blonde hair and glasses rather than black hair and black lippy somehow they dont see me as such a threat. I used to rather enjoy picking up EVERYTHING i could, looking at it and then putting it back. Also they're hilarious if you keep turning round and looking at them because they think you cant see them and they turn round and pick something up pretending to be looking at it.

yep baiting store dicks is great fun I find the quickly walking off but being 'too slow' and then getting seen putting something in a pocket is great fun esp if you are in a multilevel dept store and you then wander round with pace using lifts stairs etc only to go abnd pay or put it back,, ah the days

Me and my pal clocked a shop lifter before leaving the shop.....further down the rd...I planted my hand firmly on his shoulder... and asked him what time it was...Funny as f**k :hihi:

Just hand your shopping list over and say "Since you're resigned to following me around, you may as do my shopping for me. I'll meet you at the checkout in half an hour."

A brilliant game until they stick something in your pocket and 'fit you up' :hihi:

It would be easy to do if your on camera apparently doing one as if guilty anyhow.

I think the next time I have store dick problems I am just going to have it out

with them :D

I dont see why you would want them to follow you :/

It really annoys me if they follow me