Doctor Plantpot MD..

I have just been down to my local doctors to pick up my prescription for Ramipril (blood pressure tablits) that I have been taking now since 1998 on a repeat prescription for the rest of my life. Imagine my surprise when the receptionist handed me a prescription for a Salbutamol inhaler (that I stopped using 4 years ago when they changed my inhaler to Seretide ??) I said thats not right I asked for Ramipril tablets ! the receptionist informed me that I do not have Ramipril on repeat anymore as I should have had a review in October 1998 ?? Thats when they discovered I had high blood pressure ? So I now need to go and have some blood tests ?? Whatever happened to the blood pressure test ? do they do it by taking blood nowadays ..?? Bunch of Numpties want to get their facts right before someone gets prescribed with something that could harm them..

Why do doctors receptionist's have a god complex ??

Ok. You should have had a blood test a month after you started on Ramipril to make sure that it suited you and was not affecting your liver function in an adverse way. From then on you should have blood tests at regular intervals and, especially if you had a change in dosage.

Ok. You should have had a blood test a month after you started on Ramipril to make sure that it suited you and was not affecting your liver function in an adverse way. From then on you should have blood tests at regular intervals and, especially if you had a change in dosage.

Sorry ommited to add that I have had all the blood tests after first starting taking Ramipril then every 6 months after ?? Must be the receptionist hitting the wrong buttons on her computer..

Sorry ommited to add that I have had all the blood tests after first starting taking Ramipril then every 6 months after ?? Must be the receptionist hitting the wrong buttons on her computer..

Panic over, then! :hihi: