Velocity Tower - anyone live there?

Will any of the flats be social housing?, it's a fairly large development.

How many sq ft, per flat/bedsit. They don't seem to have that info available on the site...

well the so called window cleaners havent cleaned the windows for the last year actually. and in contrast to what one person stated earlier, the flats below the 11th floor, ie is from 1-10 have larger kitchens. u have to pay 50 pounds more for the higher floors. they have have 2 types of studios. both could accommodate a double bed and have separate bedroom areas. 8 one beds. and a two bed which is faar above anyones budget. hahah. the prices start from 495. but thats for the studios. the cheapest one bed is about 550. and the biggest one with a lrger kitchen, big bedroom and the big balcony is 625. but they were giving it for 600 last year. there is only ONE lift. not two. they say that they are currently working on the second one but i wouldnt hold my breath. the place is not damp but can get very cold in winter and very hot in summer cos of the glassy effect. the blinds dont really provide much heating. lol. i have to say that the apartments do look really nice. however the awkward shapes make it hard to place furniture. the double glazing and sound proffing must be working in the back but the ecclesall facing apartments suffer a lot from the roundabout below. when i went for my viewing i wanted to go to the balcony and check it out but the lady told me that she doesnt have the key. i was impressed with the apartment and i was in a hurry to move so i paid the deposit the next day and only after i came to the apartment afterwads did i found out that the balcony door doesnt need a key! and its very noisy when u open the door. i was really upset and they said that the deposit was non refundable. however i really like the apartment other than for the noise issue. having only one lift isnt really working cos sometimes i have to wait for about 7 minutes till the lift comes. my contract is ending soon and i have decided not to extend it though. as much as i love the apartment, the noise issue and wating for the lift for ages is putting me off extending the contract. oh and also there IS a bath in the bathroom. only some apartments come with a shower. the corner shop issue isnt a big problem either cos waitrose isnt that expensive when it comes to vege and essentials. also i prefer it to aldi cos the quality is a thousand times better. the moor sainsburys is also about a five minute walk away. bathroom sink is big. quite larger than most bathroom sinks iv come across. i dunno how the other person saw a small one. the furniture and appliances are very high tech and modern and look really good but very fragile. however, it would be the perfect place for me if it was in a better location away from the noisy main road.

One of my friends lives there too. The only probs she pointed out are; lack of kitchen workspace (she has no room even for a microwave) and not that warm because of the full height glass windows and not allowed to put up curtains....as well as expensive for what it is.

used to be about £00 including bills. I work in the building and it's still failling apart.

300 including bills? seriously?? when was that? i have to pay atleast 700 a month total cos the bills are so high. the winter months bills were around 300 a month! and i dont really even switch on the heaters all the time. plus i rarely put the lights on!

About a year ago.. My mate moved in to a flat for about 4 months. They paid £320 a month and never got a gas or electric bill in the time they were there. So they asked and got told..

You need to move mate if it';s just you. Omnia got flats on Solly Street starting at £80 a week all in!. I was going to get one..

300 including bills? seriously?? when was that? i have to pay atleast 700 a month total cos the bills are so high. the winter months bills were around 300 a month! and i dont really even switch on the heaters all the time. plus i rarely put the lights on!

Holy sweet jesus. £300 a month for bills?! Is that on electricity? I'm assuming there is no gas.