Greyhound racing at Owlerton

Lisajnewbold

Hello - we are thinking of going greyhound racing. I have noticed that you can eat at the venue - has anyone eaten there before and is it any good? (what is it comparable to?). It seems quite pricey so was hoping it might be a nice meal, as it is for my brother's 21st and don't want to make a mistake and end up with something you could get in wetherspoons but x5 the price!

Thanks very much!!

Lisa.

Thanks Mike - might give the food a miss and go to a restaurant beforehand instead! Doesn't sound like it would prove a memorable 21st birthday meal!

go on the webiste and book into the resturant/ vip area. Fantastic meal and they come to table with drinks and bets only thing u need to move for is to go to the toilet. Great atmosphere and great night.

Plus if its cold or wet your not sat outside :)

Hello - we are thinking of going greyhound racing. I have noticed that you can eat at the venue - has anyone eaten there before and is it any good? (what is it comparable to?). It seems quite pricey so was hoping it might be a nice meal, as it is for my brother's 21st and don't want to make a mistake and end up with something you could get in wetherspoons but x5 the price!

Thanks very much!!

Lisa.

Hi. I have been to the dogs many times, it is a really good night, very enjoyable whether you win or not. (Although it is nice to win) We went last year for a special birthday, booked into the restaurant and it was really nice. We had a panoramic view of the track, waitress service for food and drinks and people come to your table to take your bet and bring your winnings (if you're lucky to have some!). It was really good. I would definately recommend it.

Even if you do not go into the restaurant, if you go into the Panoramic Suite, they do fantastic hot roast pork sandwiches, with crackling, stuffing and apple sauce. Yummy!!