Major Problem with a work colleague

i need some advise please

i work in the line work that requires me to work closly to

another member of staff,

now im all up for teamwork and teambuilding and getting on.

however!

since we both started over 2 months ago she has been making working life really hard. sometime i would loose sleep over it

she does things like : talk about you behind your back

causes atmospheres

asked for help and then tells me im wrong when im trying to help.

throws me dirty looks.

ok i havnt been totally right with her becasue of the below facts.

i only speak to her if i need to, and i always make sure i have some one

about when i need to speak to her about.

i shouldnt feel like this at work? its rubbish, but i feel i cant trust her?

The other thing is she is soooo 2 faced

she is always in the main managers office, hugging him and other managers?

inviting them over to her house for dinner's and stuff?

even when she has a husband and kids ?

but she has the cheek to call me a brown nose when im in the office with my line manager once a week to talk over the business?

now the problem is

she got the sack 2 weeks ago and my line manager got hell about it from his area manager and other manager in the warehouse.

so much he nearly walked out.

and 1 week ago she got her job back but in another department ?

my line manager was fuming

and i mean fuming he was ready to go.

apparntly she got her job back becasue there needed to be a certain way she needed to be sacked and hr needed to be involved ?

so thats all passed now, my line manager has accepted he might have been wrong.

things that are concerning me is

she can still cause problems by bitching in the other departments ( ruining my reputation) and possible ruining my chances of progressing.

My managers is getting vibes that other managers are trying to push him out now over this situation.

i have spoke to some of the warehouse operatives and discovered some shocking facts.

she would go around winking at some of the lads

slap them in the bottom randomly

make sexual gestures like rubbing her breast whilst walking through the warehouse!!!!

i knew she was trouble when i first met her with the way she acted around poeple? so i always covered my back by having some one else around.

now im worried that she has somehow get her teeth into managment

and is influencing choices they make?

i have typed this half cut

so if something doest make sence let me know

or any questions let me know

any advise would be great

she sounds like a dirty scrubber that will sleep with any1 to get on in life just rise above her people will see whats she is like and then all the backstabbing will be against her then she will leave the slag ..

i need some advise please

i work in the line work that requires me to work closly to

another member of staff,

now im all up for teamwork and teambuilding and getting on.

however!

since we both started over 2 months ago she has been making working life really hard. sometime i would loose sleep over it

she does things like : talk about you behind your back

causes atmospheres

asked for help and then tells me im wrong when im trying to help.

throws me dirty looks.

ok i havnt been totally right with her becasue of the below facts.

i only speak to her if i need to, and i always make sure i have some one

about when i need to speak to her about.

i shouldnt feel like this at work? its rubbish, but i feel i cant trust her?

The other thing is she is soooo 2 faced

she is always in the main managers office, hugging him and other managers?

inviting them over to her house for dinner's and stuff?

even when she has a husband and kids ?

but she has the cheek to call me a brown nose when im in the office with my line manager once a week to talk over the business?

now the problem is

she got the sack 2 weeks ago and my line manager got hell about it from his area manager and other manager in the warehouse.

so much he nearly walked out.

and 1 week ago she got her job back but in another department ?

my line manager was fuming

and i mean fuming he was ready to go.

apparntly she got her job back becasue there needed to be a certain way she needed to be sacked and hr needed to be involved ?

so thats all passed now, my line manager has accepted he might have been wrong.

things that are concerning me is

she can still cause problems by bitching in the other departments ( ruining my reputation) and possible ruining my chances of progressing.

My managers is getting vibes that other managers are trying to push him out now over this situation.

i have spoke to some of the warehouse operatives and discovered some shocking facts.

she would go around winking at some of the lads

slap them in the bottom randomly

make sexual gestures like rubbing her breast whilst walking through the warehouse!!!!

i knew she was trouble when i first met her with the way she acted around poeple? so i always covered my back by having some one else around.

now im worried that she has somehow get her teeth into managment

and is influencing choices they make?

i have typed this half cut

so if something doest make sence let me know

or any questions let me know

any advise would be great

are you worried that she might try and get you the sack and if so, on what grounds ?

im not so sure other managers can see through her ?

they seem to like the attention she is giving them ?

my line manager is getting worried about his job

im abit concerned but not overly for the moment.

she is more of daddys girl as she get her father involed when she got sacked.

i just want to see what other poeple think abit this whole situation?

i must admit however the week she was gone was brilliant

no problems, no egg shells and things are going smooth

im not so sure other managers can see through her ?

they seem to like the attention she is giving them ?

my line manager is getting worried about his job

im abit concerned but not overly for the moment.

she is more of daddys girl as she get her father involed when she got sacked.

i just want to see what other poeple think abit this whole situation?

i must admit however the week she was gone was brilliant

no problems, no egg shells and things are going smooth

There's always someone like her in any workplace, and unfortunately there probably isn't much you can do unless you report how uncomfortable she is making you feel. But by doing that you run the risk of them not believing you if she is so pally with management, and if you report it to your line manager they may not believe him either (I presume that he was her old LM). The only thing you can do is to try and forget about her unless for work reasons you need to speak to her in which case I would carry on making sure there is somebody else around when possible, and pretend she isn't there when you don't need to talk to her and realise that if she's so busy making everyones lives uncomfortable she can't possibly be working that well and will eventually end up getting the sack. The only other thing I could suggest is speaking to HR, but you would need to go through your LM first. But HR will more than likely sort it out as chances are they aren't biased.

yeah i keep thinking she wont last long

but my line manager feels the same

yeah i keep thinking she wont last long

but my line manager feels the same

She may even find a new workplace, you never know. I'd just try to stop worrying about it. Eventually she'll get on the managers nerves and they'll find a reason to chuck her.

She may even find a new workplace, you never know. I'd just try to stop worrying about it. Eventually she'll get on the managers nerves and they'll find a reason to chuck her.

yeah i suppose ive got to.

abit hard tho when you've had to keep your gaurd up for the last 2 months:rant:

My advice would be to document everything.

Keep a diary of everything she says and does especially against you and if needs be put in a formal complaint about her bullying and harassing you.

My advice would be to document everything.

Keep a diary of everything she says and does especially against you and if needs be put in a formal complaint about her bullying and harassing you.

Fully agree with this advice. Make sure you date everything and who else was involved. Keep the diary at home at all times and never let anyone else have it so it can't go missing. Just takes notes at work, when you visit the loo of something so no-one else knows what you're doing. Make sure 'facts' are accurate.

Can you prove what she says about you? Are these things untrue? She could be guilty of deformation but this is sometimes very difficult to prove. If she ever writes something about you then that evidence is much more firm. BTW, it's illegal to record conversations (sound) of people without them knowing they are being taped - video without sound isn't!

Certainly don't allow yourself to feel intimidated (not easy I know) but I think this person will 'disappear' in time. Be patient but be prepared to defend yourself if needed. Have a chat to someone like citizens advice if it helps puts your mind at rest.

Fully agree with this advice. Make sure you date everything and who else was involved. Keep the diary at home at all times and never let anyone else have it so it can't go missing. Just takes notes at work, when you visit the loo of something so no-one else knows what you're doing. Make sure 'facts' are accurate.

Can you prove what she says about you? Are these things untrue? She could be guilty of deformation but this is sometimes very difficult to prove. If she ever writes something about you then that evidence is much more firm. BTW, it's illegal to record conversations (sound) of people without them knowing they are being taped - video without sound isn't!

Certainly don't allow yourself to feel intimidated (not easy I know) but I think this person will 'disappear' in time. Be patient but be prepared to defend yourself if needed. Have a chat to someone like citizens advice if it helps puts your mind at rest.

yeah the things she says about me are untrue

as are alot of things she says, i have spoken to poeple she used to work with and apperantly she has had poeple sacked before for sexual harrasment ?

yet she behaves in the manor that she does?

i dont think theres any point in speaking to citizens advise becasue theres not alot she can do. it my work against hers. and she's got her way with managment so if i do raise a case i would be booted out i think.

im trying to just get on with my job but im getting other members of staff ( she was friends with) slagging her off and bitching about her to me

but i just say no comment to them becasue i have a feeling there trying to lure me into saying something about her and get my into trouble?

am i being paranoid?

i hate office politics

The best way to deal with a bully is to stand up to them. However, you may not be holding all the aces at the moment and it could backfire if she has her 'friends' back her up. So, as you've been doing and ignoring her could be equally effective. Others will see through her and as they also get to know you better they will see how shallow she is.

Don't get involved with any discussion about what she says etc with anyone, it could be some form of a trap. But remember to document (date, time, what, who etc) anything related.

I don't think you are being paranoid, this sort of thing can cause a lot of stress. You perhaps feel alone with an army against you. But you will have support, people here, family, her ex-work mates, some current work mates perhaps too that you don't even know about. Don't feel left out.

Someone suggested you get in touch with your human resources/personnel manager. Perhaps you could make them aware of the situation, your fears and concerns. You may not want them to take things any further just yet, perhaps keep the issue fully confidential but them being aware could lighten your load.

Just in case things get nasty, and let's hope they don't. Would the ex-work colleagues of hers be prepared to write down what she's done before? Arm yourself with what you can. It's a while since I knew what the rules were regarding an industrial tribunal in the case of wrongful dismissal, but it may help you to be aware of these. Even line managers are often unaware what the conditions of a tribunal can lead too.

All the best.