Cyril Emerson Skinnerthorpe Road Fir Vale

Hello there

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Cyril. He used to live in the last Yard on Skinnerthorpe Road behind the Asian Video Shop.

I worked on the railways with him years ago and noticed that his house is now boarded up (along with the others).

You might remember him riding along Brightside Lane to work on his customised push bike. He worked in Tinsley West Signal Box (long gone) which was underneath the Tinsley Viaduct.

What a great bloke. Would probably be in his early seventies now.

Any info would be appreciated.

Hi blue11265, unfortunately my uncle passed away a couple of years ago.He had a heart condition but wasn't one for doctors! Still missed. By the way,that bike was nearly as old as me[51]. I cleaned it every saturday for spending money.

That is sad news Anglingblade. I used to sit with him in his Signal Box for hours. He was a real personality. Park Drive fags and extra strong mints, oh and stewed tea :gag:. I called at his house a few years ago and it was just like old times.

Rest in Peace Cyril.