Piercing The Ears of a Six Week Old Baby

Ok BB-jeeburs... so is it good to burden a mere child with the piercings of the lord or what ?

Children shouldn't be burdened with anything that is a matter of choice. Be that religion or piercings. Children should be nurtured and taught to discover the world around them. When they are adult and have discovered a bit of the world around them, then they can decide what they want.

I didn't say I had proved anything. FlamingJimmy did that for me.

No he didn't :huh: He said the same as me pretty much

No he didn't :huh: He said the same as me pretty much

wtf? Doing it in the name of vanity is far worse IMO.

If a religious person truly believes that their child will not be square with god unless they do something to it, then it is moral to do that thing. They are wrong, but in the hypothetical situation that they are right about god it would be right thing to do, so since they truly believe that then they must do it.

I have much less respect for someone who has no such deep belief similarly mutilating a child.

No, he definitely states that he finds doing it in the name of vanity is far worse. It's the classic twisted behaviour of allowing something to happen because god's behind it.

No, he definitely states that he finds doing it in the name of vanity is far worse. It's the classic twisted behaviour of allowing something to happen because god's behind it.

He's saying that the parents' reasons for doing it are more justifiable, based on what they believe to be true (that not doing it will cause the children great suffering) than someone doing it just for vanity.

It isn't about allowing anything :huh:

And I absolutely 100% agree with him.

He's saying that the parents' reasons for doing it are more justifiable, based on what they believe to be true (that not doing it will cause the children great suffering) than someone doing it just for vanity.

It isn't about allowing anything :huh:

And I absolutely 100% agree with him.

By that reasoning if a religion states you must sacrifice your first born then that is 'more justifiable' than an atheist who commits infanticide. :confused:

People who have their babies ears peirced are chav idiots.

Quite... ;) Apparently Pikeys have been doing this for time.....

When was the last time you saw a pikey kid without the ubiquitous ear ring ..? Wanna buy a Darg ...? Or pegs...? Oi got sum tarmac fer yer drive goin cheap... :hihi::hihi::hihi:

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

People who have their babies ears peirced are chav idiots.

On that we agree. utterly indefensible mutilation committed by scum.

On another note, there is a certain girl who attended the local primary school who's mother thought it a great wheeze to have her nine year old daughter's belly button, eyebrow, nose and multiple ear piercings.

She is now 12 and pregnant by a 17 year old.

Draw your own conclusions.

By that reasoning if a religion states you must sacrifice your first born then that is 'more justifiable' than an atheist who commits infanticide. :confused:

That's probably a bit fanciful. Lets stick to examples that we know actually happen :)

Rubbish!

Look at the children in this picture

Clicky

No one but the deranged would find this acceptable and its ALL done in the name of religion.

Ashura parades. on here i'v been there, done it. The apologists on here will put a positive spin on it all day long.

On another note, there is a certain girl who attended the local primary school who's mother thought it a great wheeze to have her nine year old daughter's belly button, eyebrow, nose and multiple ear piercings.

She is now 12 and pregnant by a 17 year old.

Draw your own conclusions.

erm :wink:

having a decorative piercing gets you pregnant? :wow: hehe