Sheffield Bouncers

Just thought I ought to add that the bouncers at Sheffield University go down as the best i have experienced :thumbsup:

There are more drunk people around the uni than most places in sheffield yet they seem to manage to keep the peace without ever being too heavy handed. I have even managed to have a laugh with them :o

Good job lads!

Hey DaBouncer your not the one who works at Purple are you?? If you are my sister fancies you!! :D

Originally posted by spook1210

Hey DB as part of our C+R training we use pressure points, do you ever use them? Just wondered in a semi professional way?

We are taught to use a variety of pressure points within the training we receive. We all have to be vetted to know that we use them safely.. as with the restraint techniques.

I have practiced a variety of martial arts, so I am aware of a lot of pressure points on the body (the ear one has to be my fav):thumbsup: .

I think the doorstaff at the CORPORATION CLUB are heavy handed, I have been in the club on a couple of occasions and seen their brutal tactics so should they ever require any help they won't get it from me.

DABOUNCER which door do you work on?

Not the Corporation.

I work for an agency, and so I get moved around all the time. it varies from week to week.

Never worked The Corporation though!

Guest Adam Adam

Body building, nah, boxing training, nah, Sprinting does it for me..Can't get my head punched off or pulled off coz at the first sign of a fight I am two miles away. Don't get me wrong, as a young man I did box a bit, but I was on the canvas more times tha Van Gogh and I got carried outa the ring so often I had me mam sew handles on me shorts.

Adam.

Originally posted by Sidla

It's not so bad now, but the Swim Inn on west street used to send the bouncers in to chuck everyone out at just gone 11pm, even though you're legally allowed until 11.20 to drink up.

Well if you are going to quote laws then get your facts right. It is not a legal right to drink till 11.20 (well done on this part, most people think that it is 11.30) this part of the licencing act is down to the licencees discression, and really only there to stop the police raiding pubs at 11.01pm and prosicuting the licencee for serving after hours.

By the way, I can't spell, I'm studing engineering so have no need for it;)

Originally posted by THE KING

I think the doorstaff at the CORPORATION CLUB are heavy handed, I have been in the club on a couple of occasions and seen their brutal tactics so should they ever require any help they won't get it from me.

DABOUNCER which door do you work on?

I have done, as well as working sheffield uni union. I'm assuming that you are only talking about one member of doorstaff here? The main problem is that at corporation is that there is generally no problems on the nights, so when someone happens to see someone getting thrown out of corp, then everyone seems to make a big fuss about it.

As someone who does work there then I can honestly say that I have never witnessed any of the door staff being heavy handed, and on most occasions that someone has mentioned to me about the door staff being overly tough then what has happened is the "witness" has only seen the aftermath of the problem i.e. female being forcably removed, having not seen said female punching and scratching at bouncer to get to ex boyfriend.

If you personally have got any queries about any of these incidents then just send me a personal message, stops the thread getting too long and boring anyone else;)

I frequently visit the Corporation (ey oop Mutley ;)) and have to say I don't even notice the bouncers are there nevermind them being too heavy handed.

It is indeed very rare for trouble to kick off there. Good work fellas :)