Did anyone go to St Peter's RC school in 1976?

yes shame they pulled st peters down thinking back it was so funny my group was campion my foam teacher hated me mr balldwin he did eny think to give me the cane lol other teachers mr moore p/e mr swinden metal work mr cherry tec/ drawing mrs howard maths she was lovely think i was in love with her lol mr giyels head marster mates andy malony vincent burly john lynskie brian nelly martin walker girls julie bramahall elizabeth hinds julie blood worth monika lally julie motimer o i could go on and on lets turn the clocks back love to every 1 o by the way its my birthday to day 3/3/59 cheers xxxxxxxxxx:hihi:

Hi Monica here, I left St Pete's in 76, sorry cant remember you, I married Alex Todd year above me at school, do you remember him?

Hi Monica here, I left St Pete's in 76, sorry cant remember you, I married Alex Todd year above me at school, do you remember him?

I remember Alex very well, hope he is doing alright. Paul T.

I remember Alex very well, hope he is doing alright. Paul T.

Hi Paul

Whats your surname

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 19:53 ----------

Why did the school close down?

Not sure why it closed, but about 10 years ago while it was Parson Cross College I went there as a mature student, at the same time as one of my daughters, very strange experience, Not just the fact that I was at college with my daughter but just walking into St Peters again.

monalisa, my surname is Touhey.

Hi Paul

Whats your surname

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 19:53 ----------

Not sure why it closed, but about 10 years ago while it was Parson Cross College I went there as a mature student, at the same time as one of my daughters, very strange experience, Not just the fact that I was at college with my daughter but just walking into St Peters again.

I remember when we was told about the closure of the school, I sure some of the older students went on local telly trying to stop the closure.

I remember being one of the ones who got on local TV for the protest (not individually, but as a whole year group). It was about '78ish and closure of the school had been announced. Tom Silcock (a teacher ahead of his time) cleverly icited us to do something about it and as a class we agreed to protest outside the Leopold St Education Offices, where Calendar & look north paid us a visit. We managed to get a reprieve on the closure for a few years, but I think it closed in the 80's after we'd left.

The reason was around falling student numbers - I think there was only about 400 students on roll, which is about the same size as a large primary. The LEA wanted to keep only 2 catholic secondaries - All Saints and Notre Dame which is how it is now.

I remember being one of the ones who got on local TV for the protest (not individually, but as a whole year group). It was about '78ish and closure of the school had been announced. Tom Silcock (a teacher ahead of his time) cleverly icited us to do something about it and as a class we agreed to protest outside the Leopold St Education Offices, where Calendar & look north paid us a visit. We managed to get a reprieve on the closure for a few years, but I think it closed in the 80's after we'd left.

The reason was around falling student numbers - I think there was only about 400 students on roll, which is about the same size as a large primary. The LEA wanted to keep only 2 catholic secondaries - All Saints and Notre Dame which is how it is now.

Do you have any idea who the students were?

the whole year with probably a few exceptions as I remember it. I cannot exactly recall if anyone was interviewed for telly.

It was the year that left summer '79

Did anybody go to the Youth Club at St Thomas More?

Where was St. Tommys? I went to St. Caths & Pats.