New Chinese restaurant in Greenhill, S8

Has anyone tried this newly opened place? It's a restaurant but also does takeaway as I understand it. Situated at the top of Bocking Lane in Greenhill near the other shops. Sorry, I don't know the name of it, I think it has a red and yellow sign outside it though.

Any info on prices, service, food quality etc and all other opinions much appreciated.

Cheers,

M :D

I've been, it looks very smart, and "swish" , very "crisp"

the food (well what i had, anyway) was not really "fantastic".

I got burnt wan ton pastry, and was given prawn wan tons for my starter when i had specifically requested vegetable ones:- i don't eat meat. and then for my main course, I got a heavily- egged meal, when i had explained that i was allergic to eggs)

the service was fairly efficient, apart from that.

prices are on the dearer side of reasonable.

my cousin and her husband use it for takeaways and they find it good.... YMMV

PT

Had a takeaway from there once.

Wasn't really anything out of the ordinary, just more expensive so we haven't bothered going back. Can't comment on what it's like to eat-in but the place itself looks very nice.

For quite expensive takeaway food that is quite nice, I use Noodle Out on Abbeydale Road. Never had a bad meal from there and the portion sizes are huge. Good to share with other people.

Checked it out last night...

Beijing City it is called. Not bad, a pretty standard Chinese restaurant menu to be honest. The food was nice, no complaints, slightly more expensive than others in Sheffield. Carlsberg draught lager was watered down so much I had one pint then switched to the bottled Tiger beer instead (both £2.20 each). Crispy duck was superb, mixed starter fine and the selection and quantity of mains on the set menu we picked (Banquet D - £17.50 a head) was equally as good. Decor etc all very nice, clean toilets. The only let-down of anything is maybe all the silly little chav idiots who hang about outside Spar trying to get served their alcohol underage. Wish they would all disappear back out of Greenhill, they drag the place down :mad: