Xbox 360 freezes

SpikyMike

In fact, I don't think anyone should be going direct to MS for repairs because doing so could well void your contract with the shop you bought it from since it not the same condition they sold it to you.

You should take it back to the shop and let them send it to MS.

• 2 months later...

My son's xbox has started freezing just aftewr start up, regardless of the game that is in. As a test, we unplugged the wired 'live' lead connected to mywireless router and the damn thing works. So..... he can play his games but can't go online to play them. Any suggestions why this would be????

I had this happen to me last night... It seems that it happens when a download fails. I was downloading the "birth of a spartan" video and it didn't complete. This morning, when I tried to turn on the xbox when connected to live, I guess it tries to continue the download but fails.

To fix it, I unplugged the network cable, started up the xbox 360 without connecting to live and then went into settings and memory and just deleted the partially downloaded film. Then when I restart the xbox 360 with the network cable pugged in, it connects to live, but does not try to download it anymore so it all seems to work fine.

I've since downloaded the "birth of a spartan" film and the second time it completed successfully and I can now disconnect and reconnect to live without any issues.

Hope this helps,

Mark.

My son's xbox has started freezing just aftewr start up, regardless of the game that is in. As a test, we unplugged the wired 'live' lead connected to mywireless router and the damn thing works. So..... he can play his games but can't go online to play them. Any suggestions why this would be????