What's happened in Chapeltown tonight, Saturday 29th August?

If i see one bombing up the middle of the road i might accidentally run

into him in the car,wonder if i will get done hitting an illegal bike on the road with no crash helmet and i just say it came out of nowhere? :huh:

Edited by sheffield_uk

I've just reported an unlicensed motorbike riding on the paths near my house in Chapeltown.

I've reported it numerous times all through the year, and never see anything getting done until now.

PC Booth just called me back to said the Police have had other reports this morning of the same bike, and that officers were out responding. This is what's needed, a community effort, to keep reporting it until something is done.

I've written to the council asking for barriers on my street and have been told there's no money in the budget (yet there's money for city centre 'art'). It seems there is a price to public safety, but the council aren't willing to pay it.

Well done to those that have made an effort in getting something done. If there's another meeting I hope it can be arranged a little later so I can make it from work.

there is now going to be a massive clampdown on these idiots locally ,and you should see something done about barriers ,now the police are going to be asking the council to block off these routes they use .

there is now a police off road cycle team based in High green for the sole purpose of being able to respond to reports of illegal bikers fast .

At last weeks meeting the police urges local residents to report these idiots so they can be caught ,arrested and have the bikes siezed.

Also , the police confirmed they are implementing a zero tolerence policy concerning illegal bikers . bikes are being siezed on the spot

This topic has been so refreshing in that the lefty brigade haven't had the opportunity to play their racist card; they must be really frustrated.

3 off road bikes just heading your way MR BENN...heading for the woods!!!

just passed us on greaves lane...

Edited by sheffield_uk

heard tonight that one of the two morons who hit that lad has been bragging in Chap that he will only get a fine and slap on the wrist for what he did --these two idiots have no regard for the law or anyone else

i think if he knows whats good for him he will stop talking about it and keep his head down. i hope his parents are proud of their son!!!

3 off road bikes just heading your way MR BENN...heading for the woods!!!

just passed us on greaves lane...

ive just come back from westwood ,and ive got those 3 on video riding on greaves lane -very good clear footage of faces . ive called the police ,and they are coming for the video tape .

I think Mr Benn caught us on video too - we were picking blackberries/rosehips - we were nothing to do with the illegal bikers Mr Benn.

I think Mr Benn caught us on video too - we were picking blackberries/rosehips - we were nothing to do with the illegal bikers Mr Benn.

i remember you -i think i did catch you on video -not replayed it back yet

i dont think the police will be coming after you for blackberry picking :hihi::hihi:

That's what they all say.:D

UPDATE

two morons on off road bikes have been riding up and down Thompson Hill from 12-12.30 tonight , been out and got some good video footage to pass to the police

ive just had a meeting with the police concerning the three tearing around the roads yesterday . ive passed them all the evidence i filmed concerning these three.

Anyone in the High Green area ,please keep an eye out for a black full size off road bike with the number 33 on it ,yellow ,petrol tank - this idiot will stop at nothing to avoid the police ,he`s very dangerous on that bike . please report him ASAP if you see him . ring 101

The weeks operations in High Green have begun today -there is a mobile policestation based up here and the police off road motorbike team are also patrolling the area