Legal age of drinking

I work in a pub and somebody who no longer works there got an £80 fine for serving an underage police cadet on a test purchase. I can't afford to pay £80 out, if I'm in any doubt I will ask.

Most people are OK, if they don't have ID I will advise them politely to get some for in future, but that I cannot serve them without ID, neither can anyone else buy them a drink. I always carry mine and I am 25 now.

I'm 23 and I dont drink but i still get asked for ID when I go to places in town even if i'm only drinking coke. No ID-no sale, seems fair enough to me

;5175894']They ask if you look under 21 or 25 in some cases but that doesn't mean they cant sell to someone under that age. If you're in a shop that uses think 25 and get asked for ID because you look younger the shop will still sell it to you if you produce ID showing its your 18th birthday on the day of purchase... :P

My son turned 18 last week, and he was at the local off-license with his passport at 9.30am on the day of his birthday, because he just wanted to do the over 18 only things! The off-license and the bookies were his ports of call that day!