Internet explorer 6 wrongly sized new windows

Recently, if I click a link from a web page, the new window that opens is not full screen. It can be anywhere from a quarter of the screen to almost full size. I run windows xp sp2, and as far as I am aware have not changed any settings that may have caused this. Anyone know what's going on and how to control those pesky windows? Thanks....

Open your browser page, drag the bottom right hand corner of the page to the bottom right hand corner of your screen. Click on the blue bar at the top and move the page around to where you want it, then finishing resizing the page.

After you have done all that, close the web page, and then after that one has closed, open a new one, and hopefully the new one will open at full screen.

I know all that looks complicated, but it isn't really.

:)

Originally posted by Ann_x

Open your browser page, drag the bottom right hand corner of the page to the bottom right hand corner of your screen. Click on the blue bar at the top and move the page around to where you want it, then finishing resizing the page.

After you have done all that, close the web page, and then after that one has closed, open a new one, and hopefully the new one will open at full screen.

I know all that looks complicated, but it isn't really.

:)

as above

1. Open IE making sure it is Not already maximized.

2. Using your mouse, stretch the window to maximize size making sure before you do this that the window is not already in the maximized position..You need to do this when it is the regular size (restore) window size.

3. After you stretch the window to the maximize size, close IE.

4. Now open IE and click on the Maximize button.

5. Now close IE again.

Archived