Nintendo DS or DSi

Ouija

My psycho cat has broken my DS.

I wondered if anybody had one of the new DSi consoles. Are they worth forking out the extra for or should I just go for a DS Lite? I did have the original version DS so either would be new to me. I don't want to pay loads of money if the new features aren't up to much.

Any advice, anybody?

TIA

Do not get a DSi the battery life is poor compared to the DS also if you have a R4 cartridge it will not work, the camera has a fun element to it and you can only play music on the using the Ipod file format (no mp3s). Its not worth the extra cash.

Do not get a DSi the battery life is poor compared to the DS also if you have a R4 cartridge it will not work, the camera has a fun element to it and you can only play music on the using the Ipod file format (no mp3s). Its not worth the extra cash.

I think a lot depends on what age you are, my son is 12 and absolutely loves the DSi, says it's much better.:D

You can also use the DSi for basic web browsing without needing the plug in cartridge and there are downloadable games available too. There's not a huge selection on there at the moment, but there are more games and applications on the way.

• 5 months later...

:rant::hihi:I dont have a DSi but iv'e done someone a new R4i card for there Dsi and have played Mp3 music files using the R4 before now and movies(after converting the dvd to dpg which was fairly simple)but i'm happy with my DS LITE and as for games the ds version's will work with DSi but dont know if the same game but for the DSi is any different just thougth i'd stick my 2 pennys worth as i'm new to here

You can also use the DSi for basic web browsing without needing the plug in cartridge and there are downloadable games available too. There's not a huge selection on there at the moment, but there are more games and applications on the way.

:love:yes i'm surprised with the lack of games out for it(DSi) aswell..and dont see what big difference they can be for the same game but on both console's i'd just use the DS games on dsi unless theyre's pro's & con's to it anybody needing help with games for R4 etc pm me maybe can help