Sheffield Forum bus survey

They are only installed at certain stops (they are very expensive). You can get real time information via the your next bus service on your mobile phone.
You get real time information by standing at the bus stop and waiting. It is perceived as being accurate and doesn't cost any money to implement. Edited by Captain_Scarlet

I use the buses a lot but my transport needs are mixed. Sometimes I get the bus to work and the tram home and walk some of the way. I find that using the bus on a day to day basis is very expensive. The problem is that unless you use the same company's buses every day and get a cheap weekly pass, then it doesn't provide any incentive not to use your car. For example, my partner and I decided to go shopping in town on a Saturday and take the bus. It cost us nearly £7.00 to get the bus there and back and we had all our shopping. It would have been much cheaper to park in town and have gone in the car. Also there should be a daily ticket that is reasonably priced that you can use across FIRST Mainline and Stagecoach bus/tram as you cannot chosse between tram companies. As for the reliability of the buses and quality of journey, I find this very mixed. I invariably have to stand on buses in the morning or have to wait as buses are missed out when they are advertised as coming every 10 minutes.

You get real time information by standing at the bus stop and waiting. It is perceived as being accurate and doesn't cost any money to implement.

Just a thought .the Department for Transport (DaFT) contributed £2.5 million towards the cost of the project - how many bus journeys woul this have paid for?

What I would propose would be for starters introducing Quality contracts to give SYPTE control of routes & fares, with much stricter penalties for companies who run a poor service. I would also suggest introducing targets to measure how the companies perform on Human Relations.

They are only installed at certain stops (they are very expensive). You can get real time information via the your next bus service on your mobile phone.

They may be installed at certain stops but they are never switched on. Look at the bus stops in the City Centre, apparently these have the real time displays but are never on