Tropical fish tank help

I'm guessing its an algae bloom.

this will happen when the conditions are ideal for plant growth, which may mean they are not so ideal for your fish.

You need to make sure you are reducing nitrates in the tank by changing water, the algae uses Nitrate as food.

You could also reduce the amount of light, by hacving the tank lights of for less time.

If the tank gets alot of natural sunlight then it might be worth seeing if you can block that a bit.

It's nothing particularly to worry about, but it doesn't look the best does it!

Give it a full water change. Once its like that there isnt usually much you can do to make it clear again. Id also recommend getting some otocyncluses(otocyncli??). They eat the algae and are brilliant. Ive had mine for years now and never had any algae probs.

the water in my tropical tank has gone green and i dont know why, i have tried cleaning all the filter out and thats made no difference. can anyone tell me how to make the water clear up and prevent this from happening again please?

Are you doing regular water changes and I hope you cleaned the filter in water taken from the tank and not under the tap, otherwise the chlorine in tap water kills all the good bacteria you need in your tank.

For any fishkeeping questions you can look on the local aquarist societys site http://www.svas.co.uk