Robbing the rich to give to the poor

But if pushing that mop, means more people will eat in your clean cafe (for example) rather than the one across the street who has better chefs but a crap cleaner.

Then that cleaner should be paid a wage to suit their value and not have to clean the chefs spit off the floor for a pittance.

But if the mopper demanded £35k to mop, the shop owner could just employ any one of the millions of other people who are also able to do the job.

It's the supply of qualified labour that keeps wages low.

In contrast, the reason Christiano Ronaldo can preety much name his wages is that he has wealthy employers and skills that no-one else has.

Is it time we took from the rich and gave to the poor.

Taxation is unfair.

There are people with ridiculous amounts of wealth and those with none at all.

What do you think?

Compared to the average person living on this planet you are rich.

But if the mopper demanded £35k to mop, the shop owner could just employ any one of the millions of other people who are also able to do the job.

Yes but they could be the highest paid unemployed mopper in the country.

I remember a tale about a bloke going into a fruit shop. He says to the grocer "How much are your apples mate?"

"Apples is 70p a pound guv!"

" Oh but they are only 50p up the road"

" Well why don't you buy their's then?"

" They haven't got any"

" Oh I see. ours are only 30p a pound when we haven't got any"

It is called supply and demand.

Edited by barpen

Why should the rich OVERLY benefit from world resources?

After all shouldn't the worlds resources benefit EVERYONE equally?

Why should one man own trillions and another nothing? Because he created an empire?

Why should the rich OVERLY benefit from world resources?

Why should one man own trillions and another nothing? Because he created an empire?

Because the desire to better oneself is in human nature. and as such is one of the key drivers that drew us down from the trees. Remove the incentive to do things and people just won't do them - why would I want to run the risk of having my own business and creating jobs and paying tax and providing consumers with more choice if I could earn the same in a job with no risk, no stress and which didn't benefit the economy?

You can actually do all that without the Greed of profit and power.

You think you actually BETTER yourself by becoming super rich?

You seem to have a very narrow vision of "better"!

A very nice offer indeed. A coach load of Somali refugees will be arriving at your house on Monday morning. Could you clear a few bedrooms for them and provide them with a credit card on your bank account.

Yes but they could be the highest paid unemployed mopper in the country.

I remember a tale about a bloke going into a fruit shop. He says to the grocer "How much are your apples mate?"

"Apples is 70p a pound guv!"

" Oh but they are only 50p up the road"

" Well why don't you buy their's then?"

" They haven't got any"

" Oh I see. ours are only 30p a pound when we haven't got any"

It is called supply and demand.

Why can't the people demanding the product pay the price the supplier bought them for?

A very nice offer indeed. A coach load of Somali refugees will be arriving at your house on Monday morning. Could you clear a few bedrooms for them and provide them with a credit card on your bank account.

Ooooo look, a troll!

You mean a bit like the old Empire did when we generated the wealth in the first place:huh:

You mean a bit like the old Empire did when we generated the wealth in the first place:huh:

Don't forget that during the empire the working class were up chimney's and down mines, indentured slaves leading short, hard lives.

Or in the workhouse.

It was the rich who benefitted the most from Empire - the same rich who benefit today from global capitalism.

You can actually do all that without the Greed of profit and power.

I didn't say you couldn't.

I asked why anyone would bother to take risks with their own capital and have the stress of running a business - and the sense of responsibility that comes with employing people - if they could earn the same reward (wages) doing a relatively stress-free job and without taking any risks.

It it the promise of reward that leads people to take risks, such as starting new businesses - and it is those businesses being successful that make us all better off.

You think you actually BETTER yourself by becoming super rich?

I never suggested that. I don't think 'goodness' is measured in cash, but I'd love to know which part of my post led you to think that I might.

What can't be disputed is that cash buys opportunities, both for you and you children. If I can earn enough to make sure my children have a good start in life, I can spend it to maximise the chances of my genes being passed on - which ultimately is what drives all of us.

You seem to have a very narrow vision of "better"!

Care to explain?