Cash buyers of property in Sheffield, S Yorks, E. Mids and NE Derbyshire.

Hannover

We are an investment company looking to acquire residential property in the above areas, we will consider most things but we are buying for rental income so this will limit the offers we can make. We can help you achieve a very quick sale but pricing must be realistic in the current market conditions.

Please get in touch if you have anything you would like to sell quickly.

a valuation that the potential vendor pays for, which is non-refundable?

playing devil's advocate here...

you come to my house (worth £100k for arguments sake) value it yourselves for £80k ( i pay for the valuation... then you offer me £50k.

hmmm, and if i say no, you still charge me the £500 quid or so for the valuation - which is no doubt refundable if i let you buy my house for 50% of true market value?

the majority of people able to sell at those sort of prices would be people who have virtually paid of there mortgages which usally will be the older generation,

why woould somebody choose to sell to a company like yours and not put there property on the market at a fair price

No it would not work like that, we would assess the property for our purposes, then we would negotiate with you to find a price level we were both comfortable with, this would normally be 25 - 30% less than the INDEPENDANT valuation which we would pay for (having first got your agreement that you would accept a figure of a % below this). So lets say we think the property could be valued at 100K, you agree to accept 75k (25% less) ,we pay for the independent RICS valuation, hopefully it comes in at £100k and then we pay you £75k, however in some cases it may be down valued, lets say he says £90k - we would still want the 25% reduction so we would pay £67.5k. (However we would also agree with you a lower limit, e.g. if the valuer said £80k we could have pre-agreed with you that we would not expect you to sell if the valuation came in below say £85k.

The point for us is that we buy a minimum of 25% below whatever the valuation says.

Because there are very few buyers out there, and less mortgage funding, it can be better than being repossessed, I accept that some peoples mortgages will be larger than then price we can offer - but not in all cases. Also there are many reasons why someone would want to sell.

Another point is, although it may look cheap today in a year it may be that we paid too much. We have bought stock on this basis as recently as October at 25% below valuation, today it is only fair value at best. This is OK for us as we are in it for the long term.