Scarlet fever, know signs, its back.

taken ys to hospital today, and he has scarlet fever, he's 4yrs, been unwell since thurs eve ie high temp, sleepy ect, but developed a rash all over trunk which wouldn't fade even when started to feel better.

the reason im warning ppl with kids (mainly kids who get it) is i know a few ppl who's kids have been simular (rash high temp sleepy) and told it was a viral infection, one of whom had contact with my son 3 days before he started with it, app it takes upto 4 days from contact till symptoms apper

this shows a pic and gives symptoms.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Scarlet-fever/Pages/Introduction.aspx?url=Pages/what-is-it.aspx

if you get told yr child has viral rash make sure the gp looks at there tounge as this is tell tale sign.

Thanks for that, snooze. Particularly for the link.

I hope your little one gets better quickly :)

hopefully, know its highly contagious but seems to be missed by gps poss cause its so rare now days, ppl whos kids get rash's need to no to check the tounge, ds was coated white fri but i put it down to chatarh (sp?) and now bright red, if gps arent checking tounge it can get missed.

hi thanks for lettin us know, and thanks for the link, hope ur lo gets better soon

A few months ago, my niece from Brussels had it but my sister-in-law sent her over anyway to stay with my parents saying it was only scarletina (the milder form). 10 days later my mum caught it.

One of the key signs is that if the face is very red as my mum's was, the area round the lips stays white. The doctors also thought it was some kind of other virus until I told my mum form research on reputable internet sites about this white ring round the mouth and sure enough on return to the doctor they confirmed it was scarlet fever.