Dangerous Surface at Weston Park

It doesn't feel that sharp to the touch if you just run your fingers over it, although if you examine it more carefully you will find some really sharp ones. But scuff your shoe hard on it (to simulate an impact and subsequent sliding) and then look at the sole of your shoe. On tarmac there would be no permanent marks. Having seen the effect these stones had on my skin I am pretty sure someone will be badly hurt on this surface at some point. Cheesegrater is not quite right - it is more like barnacled rock in it's abrasive quality. Anyway, not much more I can do about it (or add here). Just take care on it. Cheers. Steve.

I believe that as a result of recent problems, tiz an attempt to keep nocturnal visitors off their knees!

Had a chat with Park Manager, he said the fixed surface was chosen by the public confused after complaints about the slippy gravel surface in the Botanical Garden.

He also said that something about the bloke who was pulled over by his dog and grazed his ahnds happened to be on his unicyle at the time...:confused:

Had a chat with Park Manager, he said the fixed surface was chosen by the public confused after complaints about the slippy gravel surface in the Botanical Garden.

He also said that something about the bloke who was pulled over by his dog and grazed his ahnds happened to be on his unicyle at the time...:confused:

The guy with the dog on the unicycle - is that you, drumstuck?

Got to say, I've never seen anyone bump down stairs on a unicycle before, never mind with a dog on a lead. But I've seen that guy do it a few times and make it look very easy!

Both my child and a friend have fallen on that path and grazed their hands. To be honest, they both kicked up much more of a fuss than they usually do and there was definite peeled skin rather than the usual scratches.