Flytipping outside our house

Was out all day yesterday and got back quite late. Pulled up onto the road and a white van was parked on the road outside our house with a picnic bench (the kind you see in parks etc) on top of it!

My missus said it might be innocent (yeah right) and to think nothing of it. Anyway, got up this morning and the white van had gone; the oh so generous driver had left the picnic bench on the footpath between our house and the neighbours!

My missus rang the council who logged the call and gave her a reference number. 6 hours later the bench was still there blocking the footpath. She rang the council again and they said it wasn't important and they would move it within 5 days! Why should we have to wait that long to get it moved?!

Any suggestions on what we could do? It's right by the living room window!

Treat it as a free gift and use it in your garden?

Was out all day yesterday and got back quite late. Pulled up onto the road and a white van was parked on the road outside our house with a picnic bench (the kind you see in parks etc) on top of it!

My missus said it might be innocent (yeah right) and to think nothing of it. Anyway, got up this morning and the white van had gone; the oh so generous driver had left the picnic bench on the footpath between our house and the neighbours!

My missus rang the council who logged the call and gave her a reference number. 6 hours later the bench was still there blocking the footpath. She rang the council again and they said it wasn't important and they would move it within 5 days! Why should we have to wait that long to get it moved?!

Any suggestions on what we could do? It's right by the living room window!

2 things.

A) tell them junkies are sat on it and they have left a needle. they have to most it within half a working day.

B) tell them there were kids were trying to set fire to it and kick off saying how close it is to your house and how unsafe it is.