Comedy Open Mic Nights

Title of the post is pretty self explanatory!

Looking for places that still do Comedy Open Mic Nights or slots in Sheffield, have already got one gig under my belt in Liverpool but was hoping for somewhere a bit more closer to home so I dont have to travel the best part of two hours and get a room in a travelodge for 5 minutes of funny ;)

Cheers!!

Search for ABBCOM or Caper club.

They're both local & book open mike slots (think they might ask for a demo etc, but not sure).

I go to both clubs & they're both spot on.

Failing that, abbcom is on this thurs (31st) at bar abbey, under the old abbeydale picture house, abbeydale rd. call down & speak to Gaz or Simon.

It's only £2 to get in & most acts are in the same situation as you. you may learn something/enjoy yourself/get a slot?!?

Best of luck.

Title of the post is pretty self explanatory!

Looking for places that still do Comedy Open Mic Nights or slots in Sheffield, have already got one gig under my belt in Liverpool but was hoping for somewhere a bit more closer to home so I dont have to travel the best part of two hours and get a room in a travelodge for 5 minutes of funny ;)

Cheers!!

Tell the sweetbread a joke then cupcake.

We accept one open mic spot a week at The Little Last Laugh at The Lescar, the north of England's longest running comedy club. The rest of the bill is fully pro, but we try to have one open a week on. Just pm me.

Jules.

We accept one open mic spot a week at The Little Last Laugh at The Lescar, the north of England's longest running comedy club. The rest of the bill is fully pro, but we try to have one open a week on. Just pm me.

Jules.

I thought The Lescar had closed down? Must have been misinformed :confused:

Nope, The Lescar is very much alive and kicking. We've just had our best ever run of Edinburgh previews, bringing the award winning Jason Cook and Rhod Gilbert together on the same show for their previews last Thursday, and the amazing John Bishop did his show there on Sunday night in aid of Sheffield Children's Hospital, whilst Pete Mckee drew pictures of the event.

As well as our regular sell out Thursday night, we will be running our First Laugh competition on Sunday nights throughout September for open micers, the final of which will be held at the Memorial Hall during the Comedy Festival in October, which will be the biggest festival to date.

On top of all this we run The Last Laugh nights at The Memorial Hall every Friday and Saturday, Sunday nights at Sheffield and Hallam Unis, as well as doing gigs in Wath, Penistone, Stocksbridge and Budapest.

We're not dead yet!

Any chance of anyone getting back to me about this?

Thanks

x