Would You Use Rickshaws / Pedicabs in City Centre

I've heard that a small company is looking into providing rickshaws or pedicabs for use in the city centre. As we now have a FREEBEE bus running around the centre of town, would you use a rickshaw if it was free or moderately priced - your thoughts?

Yes they are so much fun (as well as usually quick and very environmentally friendly) I used bike rickshaws in London and it worked out ok price wise..the poor guy dragged me and my friend from Leicester Sq to nearly Euston for a tenner. We even got jokes and a blanket to keep us warm.

They would have to be licensed as hackney carriages and they dont meet the current council specification and the Council also set a limit on Hackneys earlier this year therefore they will not be seen in Sheffield. They can aslo be dangerous, ask they guys in Brighton who fell out ofit when it tried cornering???

Other thing to many hills in Sheffield, image the guy who has to get you to Manor top in one of the push bike ones .

Would You Use Rickshaws / Pedicabs in City Centre

I'd cheerfully use anything that helps the long term unemloyable into a worthwhile & satisfying (yet not above their ability) full time job. :thumbsup:

......Other thing to many hills in Sheffield, image the guy who has to get you to Manor top in one of the push bike ones .

I gather the proposal was to use them just in the city centre, that's why I mentioned the FREEBEE bus that goes around the city centre.:)