Fitness Unlimited local offers?

I read somewhere (Exposed maybe?) that all Fitness Unlmited members get deals in some places in town when they show their card. Do we?! What are they?!

This is on the website but there's nothing in my pack and i've never seen any posters etc.

As a member of Fitness Unlimited, you will also benefit from exclusive discounts at some of Sheffield's leading restaurants and retailers, including:

The Plug nightclub • Esssensuals Hairdressers • Balti King • Aroma Restaurant (London Road) • Burtons (The Moor Sheffield) • David Wren Lifecoaching • The Breadstop (Ecclesall Road) • Ice Sheffield, Coleridge Road (Kids go Free) • The English Institute of Sport - 2 4 1 • Henger Hairdressing (West Street) • Sweeny 4 (Ecclesall Road) • Up and Running (Church Street) • Beauchief Golf Course (Pro Shop) • Birley Wood (Pro Shop) • Tinsley Park (Pro Shop) • Premiere Inn (Angel Street/ Bank Street Corner) • The Sanctuary Bar (4 St James Street)

Our list of retailers is constantly increasing - so watch out for more exclusive discounts at your favourite high street stores

because much like their phone answering skills, their email answering skills are just as good....:rolleyes:

I've got a friend coming up tomorrow and was thinking it might get me cheap meal/night out! Don't have time for the leisure centre to not reply!

Further to the discounts id like to point out a few other benefits of being a fitness unlimited member as i have been for nearly four years.

The desk staff have absoloutley no concept of basic politeness and will never ever say 'please' or 'thank you' (not the gym staff though, they are all very profesional)

The gym gets so busy at peak times you might, and an accent on might, get on a bike

The mens changing room stinks of some mysterious cheese smell

The highlight for me though is how people rest between reps on work out equipment for epic periods. I saw one bloke, while i was on a bike (lucky me) rest for over 15 mins

It is cheep though

Further to the discounts id like to point out a few other benefits of being a fitness unlimited member as i have been for nearly four years.

The desk staff have absoloutley no concept of basic politeness and will never ever say 'please' or 'thank you' (not the gym staff though, they are all very profesional)

The gym gets so busy at peak times you might, and an accent on might, get on a bike

The mens changing room stinks of some mysterious cheese smell

The highlight for me though is how people rest between reps on work out equipment for epic periods. I saw one bloke, while i was on a bike (lucky me) rest for over 15 mins

It is cheep though

Er ahem, lets think

Mens changing rooms + Sweaty male tackle = cheesy smell.

I don't know which of the four Fitness Unlimited sites you're referring to, but it's obviously not the one I use (Ponds Forge). I've always found the staff there more than helpful (apart from certain ones at the snack bar, but I rarely use that anyway), all the men's changing rooms (you have a choice of more than one) smell exactly like every other men's changing rooms in swimming pools, i.e. a heady mixture of deodorant and chlorine with just a delicate hint of sweaty knackers, and although it can get busy at times there's usually at least some sort of equipment available to work out on, failing that you can always go for a swim. The new gym they're building downstairs in what used to be The Roundhouse looks good as well.

I was speaking about ponds forge. Most of what i said was just flippant as i understand that how long people rest between reps is nothing to do with fitness unlimited or the smell in the changing room is no fault of theirs and is a universal smell to gym changing rooms (the toilets are next to the showers though).

But i do stand by the fact that the counter staff, the guys you buy your tickets off and let you in to the pool area down the stairs, are the most impolite people you will ever meet. As i have mentioned above, i have been going a while, and when you go to the gym after a long day at work and are facing a long session in the gym its a cherry on the cake when the person you talk to cant even say hello or hold eye contact. Im not one of these people thats obssesed about customer service but isnt it just civilised to say 'thanks' or 'hello'. I am willing to wear a wire to prove what i am saying. I think the last time one of them said thanks was 2 years ago

The guys on the front desk do my head in, I went in a couple of months ago and stood waiting to be served, I was second in the queue, there were three people on the counter and only one serving, took 15 minutes for me to get served, I was so angry, and I went in my lunch hour so I didn't even have long to exercise!!!!