Burglary - strange call from police

I wonder if anyone has had a similar thing happen, and can reassure me....

We were burgled on Sunday night, reported it and CID and scenes of crime came Monday morning. Thought all was fine, and the CID chap made us think we probably wouldn't hear anything again.

Then this morning I got a phonecall from someone at the police station sounding quite severe, wanting to go over all the details again. They were asking things like why we didn't hear the burglars, and saying about there not being any fingerprints, that not much was stolen, etc. Then said that some things I mentioned weren't on the crime report, even though I know we showed the CID man - like that the garage was forced open.

I felt as if they were checking up as if they didn't believe us.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

if i were you, i wouldn't worry. It is most likely something innocent. As somebody else has mentioned it could be another officer thats dealing with the case and they need to clarify the facts. Ring 2202020 and give them your crime ref number or incident number and just ask which officer is dealing. They should be able to give you a direct number for them. You can then ease your mind!

Past Experience And Well Then There Must Be Some Who Do There Job Right But There Pretty Hard To Find These Days....

so do you accept tht your scathing assumption that all coppers are lazy and cant be bothered to do their jobs was wrong then? Also what experience made you form your opinion?

so do you accept tht your scathing assumption that all coppers are lazy and cant be bothered to do their jobs was wrong then? Also what experience made you form your opinion?

Most Of Them Are So I Cant Say I Take That Back Or Will Admit Im Wrong. Even If Your Not One Of Them

And I Didn't Know I Was Under Interrigation...?

I Was Just Putting My Point Forward As You Were....

again, Why are most of them? and your not being interroagted, just being asked to justify an ill informed and ignorant comment that you made!

again, Why are most of them? and your not being interroagted, just being asked to justify an ill informed and ignorant comment that you made!

Ill Informed And Ignorant Comment?

When Im Speaking From Past Experience..

Hmmmm.

Well Sorry For Expressing My Opinion....

And If Anybody Is Ignorant It Would Be The Police As They Have Obv Done This To More Than One Person Before And It Makes The Victims Worry As You Can See

So Even If Your "Not" One Of The Lazy Arsed Police Officers Then It Is Obv That There Is Still Some Around.

And Then Please Explain Why This Person Has Been Put In This Situation That Has Worried Them?

Is A Police Officers Job To Make Victims Of Bugulary To Feel Worried?

Ill Informed And Ignorant Comment?

When Im Speaking From Past Experience..

Hmmmm.

Well Sorry For Expressing My Opinion....

And If Anybody Is Ignorant It Would Be The Police As They Have Obv Done This To More Than One Person Before And It Makes The Victims Worry As You Can See

Why do you capitalize the first letter of every word?

I Don't Know I Just Do.....

They probably? wrote their post in AllCaps. A 'bot transcripts it that way.

Your speaking from 1 experience whereby i imagine you misread the situation. in addition to this the police have a duty to investigate crime and if they suspected you of some form of fraud then YES they will investigate things.

Judging a whole genre of people on 1 incident is absurd. When i was young a black lad tried to mug me. So by your reconing i should distrust and dislike all black people then yeah?? ABSURD!

Believe it or not MORE than one person before will have tried to scam the insurance companies, and been successful, therefore increasing the premiums for everybody else!

At the moment we have no idea why the police called the OP back, it is more than likely something innocent that will become clear when she calls the officers. Instead of insantly trying to make excuses to have a dig at the police, why dont people hang fire and offer sensible advice instead of giving silly, convoluted reasons that are highly likely to be totally off the mark.

Your speaking from 1 experience whereby i imagine you misread the situation. in addition to this the police have a duty to investigate crime and if they suspected you of some form of fraud then YES they will investigate things.

Judging a whole genre of people on 1 incident is absurd. When i was young a black lad tried to mug me. So by your reconing i should distrust and dislike all black people then yeah?? ABSURD!

Believe it or not MORE than one person before will have tried to scam the insurance companies, and been successful, therefore increasing the premiums for everybody else!

At the moment we have no idea why the police called the OP back, it is more than likely something innocent that will become clear when she calls the officers. Instead of insantly trying to make excuses to have a dig at the police, why dont people hang fire and offer sensible advice instead of giving silly, convoluted reasons that are highly likely to be totally off the mark.

Thank You Joe for being a voice of reason.

It's very hard to read though... It's probably worse than reading all caps.

Good luck with the investigation though, hopefully it is an innocent call, simply checking the details had been input correctly.

No Because That Would Make Me Racist And That is One Thing That I Am Not !!!!!

Im Not Making Excuses To Have A Dig At The Police i Admit They Are There For a Reason But When Things Like This Happen It Does Make You Wonder

Im Sure Im Not The Only One Whos Thinking This

And Maybe If They Sorted The Situation We Was In Out A Lot Better Than They Did Then I Would Have More Faith In The Police But As They Did Not I Have Not Much At All.