Holberry Society

If anyone knows a contact for the Holberry Society even just any old member or person you think might be a member can you please post it here or send me a PM.

Hi Wolfstalin,

I've worked very closely with one of the principal members in the past, although I'm not spoken for a year or so (he's moved and I've managed to lose his new address) I've been meaning to get back in touch - I've some work being published next year which is essentially dedicated to him.

What's it regarding?

John

Holberry's grave is in disrepair and I'd like to get it fixed up, but tastefully fixed up.

I'd also like to contact John Baxter who was a member of the society that I remember and would trust to administer a revival in the societies fortunes shall I say.

The General Cemetary has a wonderfully committed group dedicated to restoring it and ensuring public access - they work very hard indeed but I'm guessing they struggle for funding, like all such groups at the moment. I'll find a link for them.

I would like to get in touch with John too, as my work is closely linked to some adult ed. work he did in the 1980s, and I would like to get his permission to recopy his booklet and distribute it to various archives.

I got an old number for him a while ago but he was no longer there - it was the only number my contact with the Holberry Society had for him. Of course, the Holberry Society was only a small group with very active leading members - the amount and quality of work they turned out was very impressive indeed (most of which is in Local Studies - speaking of which, Doug might have a contact or two, I need to give him a ring later so I'll ask).

I'm sure someone on here must know his details.

Yes, I've just been looking at the cemeteries site and reading about his wife and others in the grave, perhaps a new headstone is in order but I wouldn't want the old one removed, someone would have to design something tactful to encompass all the history of the grave site.

If anyone knows a contact for the Holberry Society even just any old member or person you think might be a member can you please post it here or send me a PM.

I'm on the same quest. has anyone got a contact for John Baxter? I wonder where Bill Moores papers are?