Road rage, have you experienced it?

My husband came home from work on friday in a shocking state.

He'd been working in mansfield, and on his way back had witnessed what he described as 'a disgraceful, needless attack' on another driver.

(not knowing the place well etc all i can tell you is what my hubby told me)

According to the OH while coming off a major roundabout he had seen a small car parts company van cut right across a lady in a ford ka almost taking her front end with him. My hubby was directly behind the lady and he heard the lady driver use her horn, and he said he saw the lady gesture by putting he left hand in the air as if to ask 'what the hell were you doing?' He said she did not use a rude gesture at all. Anyway to cut a long story short my hubby saw was the van driver get out of his van, and approach the lady and start shouting at her. This is where i think she made a mistake. She too got out of the car and started shouting back. My hubby was just getting out of his car to make sure it didnt get any worse, when the van driver punched the lady in the face so hard my husband said he heard him make contact with her face. The lady fell back against her car then onto the floor, where the van driver was about to kick her. Fortunately my hubby and another driver who had seen what was happening both dragged the van driver away.

the other motorist sat on this guy untill the police arrived. The lady was in a terrible state.

When my husband went into make his statement later that night he was told the lady in question had a fractured eye socket, and a badly broken nose.

It has seriously shaken up my oh. He can do over a thousand miles a week travelling and he says he has never witnessed anything like this before. I have to say ive never seen anything like this either. I wondered if you guys had? If so how did you react to it? My oh is furious with himself for not intervening quick enough to stop the lady getting hit, would you guys intervene in an incident like this?

What a bloody animal.

Your hubby could very well have saved her life. I hope your very proud of him. As for that creature he should get 5 years minimum for an assault like that.

BS.

Thankyou bob, i am very proud of him. what scares me is that the guy was a delivery driver..a so called prof. driver. I assumed that people who drive for a living would be least likely to assault another road user. who knows what made the guy snap, but surely nothing is bad enough to excuse what he did??

Your welcome and your right, there is no excuse for what he did. I hope the lady is ok.

Yes I have experienced it many times... most recently...

I had to make a U-turn (legally) to avoid traffic buildup that was unexpected about two weeks ago on Sunday, the chap who was behind me in the right turn lane here: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client=firefox-a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Leeds+LS4+2RE,+United+Kingdom&ll=53.796898,-1.556886&spn=0.000402,0.00154&t=h&z=19 was going completely mental, shouting and swearing at me for turning right and seemingly delaying him (even though he was turning right). I calmly got out of my vehicle, handbrake on hazards on and approached his car to see what he problem was. He looked pretty scared but I only told him to chill out and stop being an idiot at which point he apologised and smiled, as did I. Situation defused.

Silly man.

All respect to you OH, I can't believe a man could do such a thing to a lady. He'll lose his job and probably go to prison for it (hopefully)

This moron should take a leaf out of your book.

Well done for handling it in such a mature way.

Yes I have experienced it many times... most recently...

I had to make a U-turn (legally) to avoid traffic buildup that was unexpected about two weeks ago on Sunday, the chap who was behind me in the right turn lane here: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client=firefox-a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Leeds+LS4+2RE,+United+Kingdom&ll=53.796898,-1.556886&spn=0.000402,0.00154&t=h&z=19 was going completely mental, shouting and swearing at me for turning right and seemingly delaying him (even though he was turning right). I calmly got out of my vehicle, handbrake on hazards on and approached his car to see what he problem was. He looked pretty scared but I only told him to chill out and stop being an idiot at which point he apologised and smiled, as did I. Situation defused.

Silly man.

All respect to you OH, I can't believe a man could do such a thing to a lady. He'll lose his job and probably go to prison for it (hopefully)

Well done for handling this so well. My hubby is no wimp, but he was shaking like a leaf. He said it was the most horrible thing he has witnessed...

Well done for handling this so well. My hubby is no wimp, but he was shaking like a leaf. He said it was the most horrible thing he has witnessed...

I would have been too!, I certaintly commend him for approaching and apprehending the maniac!

Hope the lady in question is alright...

She made so many mistake, Why sound her horn? just relax and let it be as he think he is in a big rush, If he made a gesture with her arm? then get out of her car instead of locking door? what did you expect the man who was angry to do when he is square up with a woman,

Best way is relax and let those people whos in a rush past, whats an extra few seconds? and if anyone comming your way looking very angry just lock your door and get his car reg. car panel can be replace

She made so many mistake, Why sound her horn? just relax and let it be as he think he is in a big rush, If he made a gesture with her arm? then get out of her car instead of locking door? what did you expect the man who was angry to do when he is square up with a woman,

Best way is relax and let those people whos in a rush past, whats an extra few seconds? and if anyone comming your way looking very angry just lock your door and get his car reg. car panel can be replace

While i agree with you on ONE point, she shouldnt have got out of her car, the gesture she made was in no way rude or provoking. She did exactly what a number of us would have done...sound her horn. if but for nothing, to let him know she was there. Horns are on a vehicle to use, and she did just that.

Everyone handles a situation differently i guess. I honestly couldnt say how i would react, i just dont think the lady expected to get attacked.

sounding the horn is like saying you idiot isnt it? then had the check to get out of car and give him a mouth full back, what did you expect the van driver to do? Run away and hide in shame? have in intelligent shouting match? or a punch up?

not saying the van driver was right, but the situation is cause as much by the woman as the man. he cut pass her and was on his way, why brother sounding horn? it achieve nothing. and getting out of car and shouting back? in a mans world that is a challenge for a fight isnt it?

Edited by dumpling

sounding the horn is like saying you idiot isnt it? then had the check to get out of car and give him a mouth full back, what did you expect the van driver to do? Run away and hide in shame? have in intelligent shouting match? or a punch up?

:hihi::hihi::hihi: