The end of the Labour party

Where will Labour be a year from now?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Labour be a year from now?

• Intact with Jeremy Corbyn in charge
    • Intact with somebody else in charge
    • Split with Corbyn running the remains of Labour
    • Split with Corbyn running a break-away party
    • The matter will still be unresolved
    • The whole party will collapse
    • Something I haven't thought of

Is there any way to get back to a normal membership fee and a one member, one vote system? Not to remove Mr Corbyn, as I would find that to be cheating, but it's likely he'll be leaving in 2020 if not before.

---------- Post added 30-08-2016 at 12:11 ----------

Can I suggest that we all completely ignore Solomon1. As that's the only way this thread will function.

[/color]Can I suggest that we all completely ignore Solomon1. As that's the only way this thread will function.

He would appear to be either a Momentum activist intent on getting threads removed or an idiot intent on getting threads removed. You decide.

Is there any way to get back to a normal membership fee and a one member, one vote system? Not to remove Mr Corbyn, as I would find that to be cheating, but it's likely he'll be leaving in 2020 if not before.

Can I suggest that we all completely ignore Solomon1. As that's the only way this thread will function.

I think that Mr Corbyns latest idea will be his downfall when he relies on his here today gone tomorrow clicktivists instead of people who knock on doors, deliver leaflets, stuff envelopes and call voters. They are very noisy but they do not actually DO anything that requires an effort and elections are only won by people who DO things to get elected. Corbyn: Digital campaigning will take Labour back to power

I save this 2010 article for these discussions. Clicktivism is ruining leftist activism

Jukes x

Seconded. Perhaps then we could have a sensible discussion.

Maybe after election defeat in 2020 they'll realise that continuing the vote system that lead to said defeat is unwise. I guess it depends whose interest it would be in.

Seconded. Perhaps then we could have a sensible discussion.

Maybe after election defeat in 2020 they'll realise that continuing the vote system that lead to said defeat is unwise. I guess it depends whose interest it would be in.

I've never understood why affiliated unions have voting rights at all, let alone equal rights with full members.