SIME Boiler problem

Does anyone know how to fix s SIME (Super 102 De Luxe) boiler. It has heating and hot water off it and the heating is fine but the water does not heat up. It has gradually gone down hill in 3 months, water has gradually got colder and colder and now seems to not trigger the boiler to heat it at all. Is this a easy problem to fix or does it require Mr Corgi?

if you have the original manufacturers instructions in hand there should be a flow diagram(firing sequence) if you can tell at which point the boiler fails, that will be the part to change. it's easier said than done but i would guess at the thermistor on the dhw circuit. a way to check is to switch the wires from the heating circuit (vokera's are good for this test as i had a run of thermistors go in a block of flats, all with the same boiler) if the water gets hot when run then replace the thermistor. this is by no means a substitute for an engineer looking at it. if you want me to pop over give us a bell.

(vokera's are good for this test as i had a run of thermistors go in a block of flats, all with the same boiler)

Bad batch Gav or quality issue?? Never a prob on a Worcester-Bosch or Vaillant :hihi:

Mind you. I serviced a Unica HE the other day. Not a bad boiler for the price and easy to work on.

Now the big question is what should one pay to get Mr Corgi in to install the said parts. Seems there is universal agreement on diverter and thermistor needing torn out and replacing. I've not got a quote for parts and labour. Can some one advise and let me know, I'm in Malin Bridge.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Simon.

Bad batch Gav or quality issue?? Never a prob on a Worcester-Bosch or Vaillant :hihi:

Mind you. I serviced a Unica HE the other day. Not a bad boiler for the price and easy to work on.

the vokera i was refering too was the linea(bag of proverbial).

the unica is designed by engineers, so much as all the bits that are likely to breakdown are at the front and on quick connections. we had a long talk with the vokera rep over dinner at benny and jacks(or whatever they call it at centertainment, just behind PTS attercliffe) on the reps expense account. also they have a small carboard stencil for the flue that fits(with a bit of tape) on to the mounting jig so you can level the jig, check for clearence & flue position AND mark the fixing holes all in one go. the only annoyance was the rf stat reciever doesnt mount in the facia panel and has to be screwed inside the boiler. pain in the rear when you need to reset the signals!!!!

Now the big question is what should one pay to get Mr Corgi in to install the said parts. Seems there is universal agreement on diverter and thermistor needing torn out and replacing. I've not got a quote for parts and labour. Can some one advise and let me know, I'm in Malin Bridge.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Simon.

i called you earlier, i would really have to have a look as i wouldn't want to replace anything that is working fine. give me a ring and we can arrange a time/day