Best place to buy gold? Bullion or coins?

With savings accounts being trashed by inflation and low interest rates is it time to buy some gold instead?

Does anyone know where best to buy it and if there is anywhere local to buy it or is it best to go to the London dealers? I've heard that Krugerrands are the most popular form to buy gold, correct or not?

Does anyone know where best to buy it and if there is anywhere local to buy it or is it best to go to the London dealers? I've heard that Krugerrands are the most popular form to buy gold, correct or not?

UK Bullion on Ecclesall Road are supposed to be quite good, although I've never bought from them myself.

I generally buy from Bairds (link) or Coininvestdirect (link) depending on who is cheapest.

Orders are sent either via Special Delivery (Bairds) or UPS (Coininvestdirect).

Hatton Garden Metals are also a good firm, although I've never bought from them.

Krugerrands are well-known coins so are a good choice (I've got a couple of them arriving on Monday).

UK sovereigns and Britannias are also good choices. They're both well-known types of bullion coin, are produced by the Royal Mint and, as they are legal tender, they are capital gains tax exempt.

(Do not buy coins from the Royal Mint themselves, their prices are a rip-off.)

Good luck.

UK Bullion on Ecclesall Road are supposed to be quite good, although I've never bought from them myself.

I generally buy from Bairds (link) or Coininvestdirect (link) depending on who is cheapest.

Orders are sent either via Special Delivery (Bairds) or UPS (Coininvestdirect).

Hatton Garden Metals are also a good firm, although I've never bought from them.

Krugerrands are well-known coins so are a good choice (I've got a couple of them arriving on Monday).

UK sovereigns and Britannias are also good choices. They're both well-known types of bullion coin, are produced by the Royal Mint and, as they are legal tender, they are capital gains tax exempt.

(Do not buy coins from the Royal Mint themselves, their prices are a rip-off.)

Good luck.

Thanks for all the advice, especially the tip about CGT :)

I'd already found Bairds as a possible reliable source, but not all the others.

Forget the place on Ecclesall Road they only sell scrap silver, they dont sell new minted 99.99 percent pure investment silver.

I order mine from bullionbypost dot co dot uk, I pay at the bank the same or following day using the online reciept i am provided with after i make my purchase, and the PHYSICAL asset arrives the next day.

It feels so good to get rid of my FIAT currency which has no value and is being hyper inflated into oblivion by Ben Bernanke and his "Quanititive Easing" (Printing money).

I stronging recommend watching "Britains Trillion Pound horror story, made by channel 4" and "The money Masters" by Bill Still.

Not only have i stocked up on silver, i have also stocked up on 3 months food supply, weapons, Gardening equipment. Medical supplies.

I have also purchased Heirloom seeds (Not genetically modified so you can collect the seeds years in year out, unlike Monsanto seeds that have been genetically modified so that you have to keep buying new seed stocks). I have enough to plant up two acres.

I am making alliances with farmers and growing my social network.

I also save 1 and 2 pence pieces as these have an intrinsic value being made of copper (Check the year as banker snides have watered the value of these down aswell by reducing the amount of copper in there content).

This planet is unbelievable isn't it. Everything is about profit and not humanity.

Fake money(The crown money cartel).

Fake seeds(Monsanto).

Fake Medicine (Big Pharma).

Fake Food (Full of chemicals).

Fake water (Full of Fluoride).

Anything else i need to know?

Edited by 57Varieties