Making a garden website as a record

I have just moved house and both (small) gardens are a blank canvas with only an unkempt lawn on each. I have taken photos, and done a little bit of work but I would like to make a website to record my progress and also for others to visit.

Has anyone done this specifically for their garden? I havent made a website before, but I want to be able to keep adding to it, add lots of photos with text, so the size must be elastic. My computer skills are OK but I havent done any programming so I need to access software and webspace that is fairly self explanatory. Any suggestions on where to go and how to do it? My broadband and email are through wanadoo if thats any help.

Get yourself a blog, no experience necessary - see mine for more info,

Rob

Get yourself a blog, no experience necessary - see mine for more info,

Rob

Thank you Rob, Ive started it already!

Played with the blog last night. My only complaint is that its a bit restrictive with the photos. It took so long to do the medium size that it timed out, so I tried the small size and that was quicker and OK I suppose. But even if you choose where to put them it doesnt seem to obey you and just puts them all at the beginning of the post if you choose centred. Also one particular photo it persists in putting in sideways (even though it is saved the correct way) and the blog doesnt have a way to rotate it. If I rotate my photo 90 degrees before posting and save the result and upload that, it still appears sideways!

Hi YellowRose, I use blogger, which I find quite easy to use, but I do know what you mean about posting pictures. I guess you get used to it and learn how to work more efficiently when doing your posts.

I use Opera as my browser, but it doesn't interact very well with blogger and until recently I had to use Explorer to add photos.

On the whole however, the layout is pretty good and it is easy to use - are you ready to post the address so we can take a peek ?

Havent posted recently, but I seem to think that the programme which uploaded the photos did it for you, you just chose small medium or large. At this time of year there isnt much to add really!