Earth leakage breaker

The earth leakage breaker in my house has popped off on a couple of occasions and once kept going off although it was reset several times. Its happened twice in the last month or so, I am nervous of it happening again, and as EVERYTHING is electric I'd be in trouble if it was major problem. The cooker is fairly ancient and might be dodgy in terms of wiring, but was not on the first time it happened. The wiring in the house is about 15 years old.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Could it be something obvious? Should I get an electrician round? What would I expect to pay for them checking it out? Its one of those times when I know I am likely to get ripped off as I am clueless. :suspect:

Thanks

The earth leakage breaker in my house has popped off on a couple of occasions and once kept going off although it was reset several times. Its happened twice in the last month or so, I am nervous of it happening again, and as EVERYTHING is electric I'd be in trouble if it was major problem. The cooker is fairly ancient and might be dodgy in terms of wiring, but was not on the first time it happened. The wiring in the house is about 15 years old.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Could it be something obvious? Should I get an electrician round? What would I expect to pay for them checking it out? Its one of those times when I know I am likely to get ripped off as I am clueless. :suspect:

Thanks

Rather than mouthing off about getting ripped off, I would suggest you consider the safety of you and your family before painting every tradesmen out there as a cowboy.

As for your problem, yes you do need a qualified electrician to look at the problem.

actually the only person in the house is me, so the only person in any danger is again me. I was asking for advice, not mouthing off. as I stated, I am on my own, and have had a number of tradespeople attempt to pull the wool over my eyes

equally it has to be said I have met some great tradespeople as well. I guess I am just cautious

Hi Jo Am Craig From Bamfords Electrical,plumbing & Property Service My Number Is 07877007098,if You Need Me To Have A Look At The Problem You Have Please Give Me A Call