Wanting a change of career...

I've been working in an office type environment for about 6 years, and I really want a change...

I would like to do something that involves been outside and moving about.....

Jobs like fitting windows, scaffolding, roofing, removals etc.....Something different...I'm more than capable of these types of jobs.. It's getting the foot in the door that appears to be an obstacle....

Would employers take on someone like me, with my kind of past office experience....

I've just had enough of working within an office and feel I would be much better suited to these types of jobs..

How should I approach this? I don't see many adverts for these kind of jobs...

Any advice from people who have been in the same position please....

I'm in the same position been working in office environment for 24 years and would like a change.

What I'd like to do is get involved in charity work and get to meet and help people. Way I'm going about it is (bearing in mind I only work 3 days a week so it might be easier for me) is I'm going to be a charity volunteer. Hopefully this will ensure I still have a regular income whilst also learning new skills which will enable me to move forward.

If I were you look at the skills you already have. I have organisational skills which would help me with fundraising etc. Then think of what you want to do! I don't think its good to say I just want to change you need to think what it is you'd like to do to make people take you seriously and enable a change to be made. Hope this helps!:)

I'm in the same position been working in office environment for 24 years and would like a change.

What I'd like to do is get involved in charity work and get to meet and help people. Way I'm going about it is (bearing in mind I only work 3 days a week so it might be easier for me) is I'm going to be a charity volunteer. Hopefully this will ensure I still have a regular income whilst also learning new skills which will enable me to move forward.

If I were you look at the skills you already have. I have organisational skills which would help me with fundraising etc. Then think of what you want to do! I don't think its good to say I just want to change you need to think what it is you'd like to do to make people take you seriously and enable a change to be made. Hope this helps!:)

Hi Happylady

We are looking for people to join us in our business,selling perfumes and cosmetics.

FM COSMETICS UK.

Designer perfume quality,not designer price

For example 30ml ladies parfum £8-99

50ml mens £8-99

For more info,please look at our web site http://www.fragrancesforlife.com/jhall

or contact us on june41john46@yahoo.co.uk

£17.50 for starter kit,includes 100 perfume testers in a leather look case and all the paper work to start the business.

You can work this round any other job or family commitments.