Pinsent, Riverside - any thoughts?

hi,

was wondering if anyone had any thoughts...

im moving back to sheffield and looking at flats to buy. viewed a flat in pinsent, riverside exchange. its nice and seems like good value for money compared to smaller newer builds. anyone live there/ bought there and give any insight to what its like.

also a lot is going on in the area since i left - whats it like and does anyone know whats in store for the area in the future?

appreciate any thoughts

thanks

I bought a flat about a year ago and have no complaints.

1. Close to town but quieter than your usual flat locations- West Street way etc

2. Good pubs- Fat Cat, Harlequin, Kelham, Milestone, Riverside

3. Flats are good value compared to other flats. Decent size and no real noise problems.

New offices next door almost finished- about 1500 people working in there so there should be few more facilities appear. But your only a 5 minute walk from the Coop and the shops round there so I don't really find it a problem. West Bar development may happen but not for a couple of years. All sorts is going on down at Kelham too, as well as the IRR nearing (?) completion the area is constantly improving.

The only thing annoys me is the distance to the nearest (decent) pub with a pool table!!!

Cheers

James

• 3 years later...
Cool, thanks for reply! :)

I'm still living there and still have no complaints! Has many advantages over living in the middle of town- quieter/cleaner/cheaper etc. Since 2007, Tesco has appeared, as well as a number of new cafes and amenities. A mini park is about to be built on the other side of the river soon too.

You should be able to get a good deal at the moment I reckon.

• 3 years later...
I'm still living there and still have no complaints! Has many advantages over living in the middle of town- quieter/cleaner/cheaper etc. Since 2007, Tesco has appeared, as well as a number of new cafes and amenities. A mini park is about to be built on the other side of the river soon too.

You should be able to get a good deal at the moment I reckon.

Am looking to buy a flat down there (Pinsent) and it doesn't have a parking space.

I remember reading somewhere that all the 2 bed flats have got one? Is there someone that can confirm that or knows who is managing the parkings so i can ask them about it?

It will be much appreciated if somebody points to the right direction.

Cheers

Mike