Horse Riding in the Sheffield area

I went with a friend to some stables this week. I can't remember the name of it, but it was not far from the tinsley viaduct roundabout, on the right hand side of a road that said "Kimberworth, 1 mile" Lovely horses, well cared for, and the trainer was brilliant. I can maybe find out more details later if u are still interested. I think it costs £17.50 per half hour.

There are some chickens there as well, and you can buy lovely fresh (warm) eggs. Take an egg box if you want some - I didn't and brought the eggs home in my handbag, loose, without breaking any!

£17.50 for half an hour?! That's expensive, especially given that it'll take you at least the first 10 minutes to get on the horse and saddled up etc.

Parklands arena aston is verry good but expensive not far from rotherham !!

I think there's a Farm somewhere up in Stannington that does horse riding, I used to see horse riders regularly in the Village.

stanbeck stables on meadowhall road is terrible, rode there for years as a child and after changing to barnes green when we moved i now loook back on that place with horror, unqualified instrctors, children leading ponies with children on, children working there and vicky is a nightmare, she will find out what she can about you and your family and gossip about you, ask any horsey person about vicky price now goldsborough and they all have a horror story of her attitude, ripping people off and other sneaky underhand things, avoid it like the plague!!!

Hi Emmab23......

Wow... not much love lost there then..... but thank you for the heads up.

We have now moved to North Wales and have a few local pony trecking companies in the area.

I like to keep looking on the forum as I cant quite get sheffield / yorkshire out of my blood. Its very nice over here in Wales but the people in Sheffield are much freindlier.

Take care anyway.