Boxing Clubs in Sheffield

Ok. Get onto West St. Stand with your back to La Mancha Restaurant. Walk across the road, (you are now off west st. and coming on to division st. Go, past the frog and parrot and walk on past the devonshire chippy (your still going forward) and it will be on your left after a small car park. The building has white boards out side it which say "boxing" or something to that effect.

The owner is Tom Bradley. Can't seem to find the phone number right now tho pal, soz!.

i believe it is open from about 1pm - 7.30 at night.

Ok. Get onto West St. Stand with your back to La Mancha Restaurant. Walk across the road, (you are now off west st. and coming on to division st. Go, past the frog and parrot and walk on past the devonshire chippy (your still going forward) and it will be on your left after a small car park. The building has white boards out side it which say "boxing" or something to that effect.

The owner is Tom Bradley. Can't seem to find the phone number right now tho pal, soz!.

i believe it is open from about 1pm - 7.30 at night.

Thanx alot mate! Seriously youve been a real help but another quicky...srry if any1 is offended but can u remember what nationality of ppl fo there? As i am asian...there arnt ppl who are racists there? i have to ask as i went to one befor and it wasent very pleasnt lets say!

Thanx alot mate! Seriously youve been a real help but another quicky...srry if any1 is offended but can u remember what nationality of ppl fo there? As i am asian...there arnt ppl who are racists there? i have to ask as i went to one befor and it wasent very pleasnt lets say!

I personally like the one next door to Tom bradleys gym which is run by Brett and Steve Stocks.

There are a good mix of ethnicities there and a good number of asian boxers too. Great atmosphere and the coaches spend time on you even if youre a beginner.

I like that gym as i get on with and have a good banter with Brett, Steve and Mark (the coaches). Great bunch of guys!

I personally like the one next door to Tom bradleys gym which is run by Brett and Steve Stocks.

There are a good mix of ethnicities there and a good number of asian boxers too. Great atmosphere and the coaches spend time on you even if youre a beginner.

I like that gym as i get on with and have a good banter with Brett, Steve and Mark (the coaches). Great bunch of guys!

Okay drry 2 be hasstle but...st vincents the one near westbar copshop and the other 1, the one near devinshir st...whats that called?

Okay drry 2 be hasstle but...st vincents the one near westbar copshop and the other 1, the one near devinshir st...whats that called?

St Vincents is near the "west bar cop shop" and the ones near devonshire street are, Tough Guise and Wellington Street Boxing gym.

I personally recommend Wellington Street Boxing gym.

nope, course not.

The Amateur Boxing Association affiliated clubs in the Sheffield City Council area are:

Sheffield Boxing Centre ABC

Steel City ABC

Parson Cross ABC

Manor ABC

Woodseats ABC

Sheffield Lane Top ABC

Handsworth ABC

Unity ABC

St Vincents ABC

and the newly affiliated Don Valley ABC

All these gyms allow people to come to try out and just train if they want. If you want to compete in the future you'll need to box out of one of these ABA-insured gyms. Tom Bradley's gym - Tough Guise - is not affiliated, but I believe that he forwards boxers to Steel City etc if they want to compete.

ALL contact details for these clubs can be found by going to http://www.amateurboxinginsheffield.blogspot.com and clicking on the links on the right of the page.

hey which one is the gym where prince naseem went to?

also what do you meen you will have to box out the ABA instructor? and how quick can you get into your first fight?

Prince Naseem trained at Brendan Ingle's gym in Wincobank, which is also the home of Unity ABC, but after falling out with Brendan I think he trained for some fights at Sheffield Boxing Centre (Glyn Rhodes' gym).

No racism at any of these gyms mate. If you've got the bottle to get in there and do your best you'll be accepted.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "also what do you meen you will have to box out the ABA instructor?"

As for your first bout - when you're ready. Some people get on quicker than others. Some never become good enough. Your coach won't let you go for your medical to get your ME3 card (effectively your licence to box) until you are good enough to represent his or her club safely (I say her because one of the best coaches, at Unity ABC, is female). How old are you?

Thanks alot for all the replies. Waiting until the new year.. mate who was going to do it with me broke his arm in Kung Fu so its been put on hold but think I'll go to the place off Divison Street seemed good.

Thanks Mickey for the info.

Want to do boxing in my dinner never done it before and level of fitness is very low. Is there anywhere in the city centre who would accomodate?

i just want to take up boxing as a hobby and a enjoyable experience and to knock ppl out lool

where can i go i live in firvale thank you :)