Stupid place for a disabled space

i was angry when i saw two aisan lads parked up in a disabled bay right next to the entrance to meadowhall (the one that goes in by the banks (hsbc etc)

when there was plenty of spaces further back... however - it amazes me how many disabled spaces there are when even on the busiest meadowhall days - they are always empty!

I was thinking of on-street parking. The amount of times I've seen badge-holders parked on yellows with plenty of empty pay and display parking places right next to them.

Were they empty when they parked?

The badge allows them to park on single yellow lines so long as they are no causing an obstrauction. If they get a ticket they can appeal and then it is up to a magistrate (might be a district judge) to decide wheather the ticket was propaly applied.

A traffic warden unless they see them park can not be sure if they could park in the bay just becuase it was empty when they passed.

I have to admit that I don't see the point of not using the bay, but I think people don't to allow non-badge holders a space to park in, as the blue badge holder in a council bay (at least in Sheffield) has no time limit but a non-blue badge holder might. Also they can only park on the yellow line for three hours and no return in two hours.

Based on what?

Never heard that before

I did it says "they get cheaper car insureance"

I am asking based on what?

as in my experience they don't depending on their disabilty say need hand controls takes their preminum up.

i was angry when i saw two aisan lads parked up in a disabled bay right next to the entrance to meadowhall (the one that goes in by the banks (hsbc etc)

when there was plenty of spaces further back... however - it amazes me how many disabled spaces there are when even on the busiest meadowhall days - they are always empty!

A lot of the time they are but not at times like christmas. The problem we have is my eldest two don't like croweds much so when they need to go to meadowhall (and it is a need - to buy shoes etc) we need to park in the nearest part of the carpark. So when we go to the Lanes we park round the back near the river when we go to Next we park near next (pink carpark i think) Due to the fact we have a high car (MPV) and a roofbox, (needed for double pushchair as won't fit in the "boot"). we can't go upstairs.

So even though they might be spaces at the one end it may be full at the end we need.

A lot of people are like this especialy families with Autistic children.

Were they empty when they parked?

The badge allows them to park on single yellow lines so long as they are no causing an obstrauction. If they get a ticket they can appeal and then it is up to a magistrate (might be a district judge) to decide wheather the ticket was propaly applied.

A traffic warden unless they see them park can not be sure if they could park in the bay just becuase it was empty when they passed.

I have to admit that I don't see the point of not using the bay, but I think people don't to allow non-badge holders a space to park in, as the blue badge holder in a council bay (at least in Sheffield) has no time limit but a non-blue badge holder might. Also they can only park on the yellow line for three hours and no return in two hours.

Point taken. On where I'm thinking, there were spaces as it was in the middle of the day.

Most (not all) of the yellow lines in Sheffield are in places where they are needed as parking there would cause an obstruction. The majority of Disabled badge holders park causing the least obstruction but there are always those who don't.

Point taken. On where I'm thinking, there were spaces as it was in the middle of the day.

Most (not all) of the yellow lines in Sheffield are in places where they are needed as parking there would cause an obstruction. The majority of Disabled badge holders park causing the least obstruction but there are always those who don't.

As in everything there is always a small minority that gives the majority a bad name.

The problem with disabled badges/parking is that not all disabilities are obvious to the eye. I have a condition that people don't see but I still qualify for a badge. I get strange looks when I get out of the car because I can walk.

The only disability I really have is other peoples attitude :rolleyes:

personally i think people should only qualify for one if they actually need to be closer to the door, ie their disability affects their walking distance - if it does not, then i see no need for someone to have a badge.

personally i think people should only qualify for one if they actually need to be closer to the door, ie their disability affects their walking distance - if it does not, then i see no need for someone to have a badge.

what about people whose condition fluctuates from day to day, or week to week, for example parkinsons or MS (Multiple Sclerosis)?

one day they might be able to walk to the end of the street, another day, not even to their garden gate. how do you assess, just by eye whose badge is and whose ISN'T valid?

I trust you realise that in order to obtain a disabled badge it requires approval from the user's GP and without which it would not be possible to obtain the disabled driving badge. This therefoer means that unless the disabled badge has been misappropriated, ie stolen, that the disabled driver has parked legitimately.

With your apparent level of intolerance for the many different types of disability, one hopes you will live in absolutely perfect health until 120 without any of the disabling conditions which many others suffer.

what about people whose condition fluctuates from day to day, or week to week, for example parkinsons or MS (Multiple Sclerosis)?

one day they might be able to walk to the end of the street, another day, not even to their garden gate. how do you assess, just by eye whose badge is and whose ISN'T valid?

well that would affect their walking distance would it not?

therefore, my post covers it :)

With your apparent level of intolerance for the many different types of disability.

No intolerance, just an opinion that blue badges should not be issued due to just any disability as they appear to be, but specifically issued to those who *need* to use it. And also, for them to print the car registration on the blue badge too - to stop misuse of the badges.

I know of several people who borrow them to park their cars - because the disabled person who has the badge does not drive nor uses the actual blue badge.

A nominated car reg to go on it would thus erradicate this.