Meynell Road School Football Team 1962 Or 63

IMG_20220223_0004-old-school-team.jpghi   just seen smary post dated July 2  2008 i recognized all the names mentioned i was in that class here is a picture of the school football team taken from the green-un   I am on the back row think it was 1962 as i left in 1963

good to see so many faces i can still ,recognise from all fhose years ago, a lot of memories there in the photo and a lot   of good friends. best wishes to anyone  who remembers me!        IR

Hi Paul Barker, thanks for your post on 23 February. I remember all the guys in the football team and the goalkeeper, who I think is Colin Headley. 
I still have a photo of the school football team a year later, taken in April/May 1963. It includes myself, John Gill, John Reynolds 

and other players’ names I remember are: Garbutt (Teacher), Roger Brammer, Glenn Bramhall, Billy Kenny, David Hetherington, Colin Headley,  Gordon Bradshaw, Charlie Fleming? and Dennis Hill.

It’s a small world Paul, because I left Meynell in 1963 to go to ……Hartley Brook School!

I hope the names have brought back good memories for you and any other readers and if any of the players mentioned are still out there, give us a shout.

On 01/03/2022 at 20:47, gramps48 said:

good to see so many faces i can still ,recognise from all fhose years ago, a lot of memories there in the photo and a lot   of good friends. best wishes to anyone  who remembers me!        IR

Hi  ian nice to hear some of us are still about ,posted an old school photo of us at fox hill school you might recognize some of the faces.It is under(fox hill school) .all the best

On 03/03/2022 at 00:24, jgill506 said:

Hi Paul Barker, thanks for your post on 23 February. I remember all the guys in the football team and the goalkeeper, who I think is Colin Headley. 
I still have a photo of the school football team a year later, taken in April/May 1963. It includes myself, John Gill, John Reynolds 

and other players’ names I remember are: Garbutt (Teacher), Roger Brammer, Glenn Bramhall, Billy Kenny, David Hetherington, Colin Headley,  Gordon Bradshaw, Charlie Fleming? and Dennis Hill.

It’s a small world Paul, because I left Meynell in 1963 to go to ……Hartley Brook School!

I hope the names have brought back good memories for you and any other readers and if any of the players mentioned are still out there, give us a shout.

Hi john nice to hear some of us are still about ,remember colin headley also his sister kath .think you were in the year below me and the rest of the team .happy memories stay safe